SarahKa's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

[RECAP] Belo Horizonte -BR- WorldWide Food Crawl try food in your city

(Vou escrever em português e em inglês para que todos possam compreender. Primeiro, com as fotos será em inglês e, por fim, em português. / I'm writting in portuguese and english so that everyone can understand. First with the photos it will be in English and then in Portuguese)

Sorry the late Recap, but I was travelling for new year and had a lot of thing to do these days.. anyways.. here is my recap 😃

At beggining our meetup was to have been in Dec. 16th, but some Local Guides asked me if would be possible change for a week later... even being close to Christmas, I changed the date and our meetup was Dec. 23th. Some Local Guides had some things to do and couldn't participate, so only was me, RafaelB and @MateusNunesS.

I suggested to go to Dona Lucinha restaurant, but when we arrived there, was too expensive for us. Is free buffet, but we were not that hungry and the food is a little heavy for tonight and I said to we try to find other place. So Mateus suggested for us to go to Casa Cheia and we go there.

Our first option, but was too expensive / nossa primeira escolha de local, mas era muito caro.Our first option, but was too expensive / nossa primeira escolha de local, mas era muito caro.

Free buffet on Dona Lucinha / Buffet no Restaurante Dona Lucinha.Free buffet on Dona Lucinha / Buffet no Restaurante Dona Lucinha.

We ate here / Aqui que comemosWe ate here / Aqui que comemos

Arriving in Casa Cheia, we wanted to eat a tropeiro (is very typical here in Minas Gerais - my state - and in others too. This dish consists of beans mixed with yuca flour, crackling pork, sausage, eggs, garlic, onion and other spices), but it doesn't prepare on Saturday. Fridays and Saturdays are feijoada days, while the Feijão Tropeiro is for regular days. So we ended up ordering a portion of Torresmo de Barriga and then a Costela no Bafo (Rib at Bafo). We spent a good time debating how much food to us three and almost ordered a Mexido (is a mix of meat, rice and kale), but we thought we would eat the two meats first, and if we felt hungry afterwards, we would ask for the mexido. This was not necessary because the prime rib was 1kg of meat and it satisfied us, along with the crackling and a few beers.

All the foods was very tasty, the service was great and we particularly enjoyed the tangerine sauce that accompanied the crackling pork. To complete the meats, a canned pepper, lemon and yuca flour.

The Torresmo de Barriga (crackling pork) is an appetizer.

We want order this one, but  in the others came too much food / queríamos pedir esse também, mas veio muita comida nos outros pedidos.We want order this one, but in the others came too much food / queríamos pedir esse também, mas veio muita comida nos outros pedidos.

In orange our choice, the blue one we almost try it. / Em laranja, parte do nosso pedido, em azul, o que quase pedimos.In orange our choice, the blue one we almost try it. / Em laranja, parte do nosso pedido, em azul, o que quase pedimos.

Feijão tropeiro (ingredients)Feijão tropeiro (ingredients)

Costela no BafoCostela no Bafo

Torresmo de BarrigaTorresmo de Barriga

Yuca Flour / Farinha de mandiocaYuca Flour / Farinha de mandioca

26853521_10215156492886968_762085094_o.jpg

The funny thing was that my initial idea was Dona Lucinha because it is very traditional Minas Gerais food (mineira food), however most of the common bars have portions and dishes that we only have here. But as we are very accustomed to eating, we forget that it is only common here. Dona Lucinha is more focused for those who want to taste a little of each thing and get to know the cuisine of Minas Gerais in a general context, because in Buffet it even has dessert and liqueurs.

Well, after eating very well, I talked about the LG Summit 2017, about my talk at DevFest Belo Horizonte - BH - and we discussed some ideas for 2018 as Local Guides here in Belo Horizonte and Minas Gerais in a general context.

- We didn't have a page on Facebook, so this was the first action of the year. I created the page that is available here: https://www.facebook.com/LocalGuidesBH/;

- We continue with the idea of ​​doing some social action and think about painting some school or children's place;

- Tour with Local Guides at Google's office here in BH;

- More meetups so that the Local Guides here know and motivate themselves for these actions;

- Try more contact with the Local Guides of Minas Gerais and contact more with each other.

Rafael been a Local Guide / Rafael sendo um Local GuideRafael been a Local Guide / Rafael sendo um Local Guide

Me been a Local Guide / Eu sendo Local Guide.Me been a Local Guide / Eu sendo Local Guide.

After that, we talked some more, took photos inside to Google Maps and each one went their way.

If you would like to know in my Recap of the LG Summit 2017, here are the links of a collective recap we have made (in english): Here is my part  and here is the link to the complete list of parts (by Ermes).

My Recap video: Here (you can watch only from the computer).

My Recap from my talk: Here.

Well, that's it. Let's go because the year is just starting ! ❤️

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Desculpem o Recap atrasado, mas eu estava viajando por conta do ano novo e tinha muita coisa para fazer estes dias ... de qualquer forma ... aqui está o meu recap 😃

Era para nosso meetup ter acontecido 16 de dezembro, mas alguns Local Guides me perguntaram se seria uma mudança possível pra uma semana depois ... mesmo perto do Natal, mudei a data e nosso encontro foi sábado, dia 23 de dezembro de 2017. Alguns guias locais tinham algumas coisas para fazer de última hora e não puderam participar, então só fomos eu, @RafaelB e @MateusNunesS.

Eu tinha sugerido no evento irmos no Restaurante Dona Lucinha, mas quando chegamos lá, era muito caro. É um buffet grátis, mas não estávamos com tanta fome e a comida é um pouco pesada para a noite, então sugeri de tentamos encontrar outro lugar.  O Mateus sugeriu para nós irmos para a Casa Cheia e assim fizemos.

Chegando lá, queríamos comer um feijão tropeiro, porém não tinha por ser sábado. Sextas e sábados são dias de feijoada, enquanto o tropeiro fica para os dias de semana. Assim, acabamos pedindo uma porção de Torresmo de Barriga e depois uma Costela no Bafo. Ficamos um bom tempo debatendo qual a quantidade de comida para nós três e quase pedimos um mexido também, porém pensamos em comer as duas carnes primeiro e, caso sentíssemos fome após, pediríamos o mexido. Isso não foi necessário porque a Costela era 1kg de carne e nos satisfez, juntamente com o torresmo e umas cervejas. 

Toda a comida estava muito gostosa, o atendimento foi ótimo e gostamos particularmente do molho de tangerina que acompanhou o torresmo. Para acompanhar as carnes, uma conserva de pimenta, limão e farinha de mandioca. 

O engraçado foi que minha ideia inicial era o Dona Lucinha por ser bem tradicional em comida mineira, porém a maior parte dos bares comuns tem porções e pratos que só temos aqui. Mas como estamos muito acostumados a comer, esquecemos que só é comum aqui. Dona Lucinha é mais focado para quem quer provar um pouco de cada coisa e conhecer a culinária de Minas Gerais num contexto geral, pois no Buffet tem incluso sobremesa e licores.

Bom, após comermos muito bem, contei sobre o LG Summit 2017, sobre a palestra que dei no DevFest de BH e discutimos algumas ideias para o ano de 2018 como Local Guides aqui em Belo Horizonte e Minas num contexto geral.

- Como não tínhamos uma página no Facebook, essa foi a primeira ação do ano. Criei a página que está disponível aqui: https://www.facebook.com/LocalGuidesBH/  ;

- Prosseguirmos com a ideia de fazer alguma ação social e pensamos em pintar alguma escola ou local infantil;

- Passeio com Local Guides no escritório do Google aqui em BH;

- Mais encontros para que os Guias Locais aqui conheçam e se motivem para essas ações;

- Experimente mais contato com os Guias Locais de Minas Gerais e entre em contato mais um com o outro.

Depois disso, conversamos mais, levamos fotos para dentro do Google Maps e cada um seguiu o caminho.

Se você gostaria de saber em minha Recap de LG Summit 2017, aqui estão os links de uma recaptação coletiva que fizemos (em inglês): Aqui está a minha parte e aqui está o link para a lista completa de peças (por Ermes) .

Meu Recap vídeo: Aqui (você só pode assistir a partir do computador).

Bom.. é isso!! Bora, bora que o ano só tá começando ❤️

12 comments
Level 9

Re: [RECAP] Belo Horizonte -BR- WorldWide Food Crawl try food in your city

@AlejandraMaria @Osaka78forTRUMP @Justine2807 @BudionoS @RonneBD @HelloSamsonR @ermest @LucioV @KarenVChin @TraciC @SoniaK @OSAMA

Late Recap about my WorldWide Food Crawl try food in Belo Horizonte/MG - Brasil.

Connect Moderator

Whoa! I am hungry @SarahKa, even though I don't eat pork. This is awesome! And the photos look really nice! Thanks for sharing. And don't worry about the delay, this is just a topic that you can never get out of fashion. 😛

Level 10

Awesome meetup @SarahKa. Thanks for sharing your awesome experience with us. This is lovely.

Level 9

hahahahaha  oh dear, thanks a lot @SoniaK! ❤️ 

you can eat Costela no Bafo, is beef. 😉 

Level 9

Thanks a lot @HelloSamsonR ! Is my pleasure have you all reading it ! 

Level 10

Thank you for sharing your stories, @SarahKa. Casa Cheia looks delicious, good to see Belo Horizonte Local Guides getting together. Love your Summit video, you captured countless moments, many, many, multiple happy Local Guides. You're genius, SarahKa. Thanks and kindest regards from Osaka78 🙂

Level 9

@Osaka78forTRUMP Thank you for been so kind ! I'm glad that you enjoyed the video and the Recap. =D

Googler

Looks like a small but might and fun meet-up, @SarahKa. I ❤️ farofa!!!

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 9

Yummy Yummy TIRA COSTOS @SarahKa 😁😊😁😊😁

I want to try it now :-)))

Very nice Yummy Meetup 🙂

Keep it up and happy New year and happy traveling 😄