AlejandraMaria's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

[RECAP] Ayamonte World Wide Map Edit Walk V2

This time we have joined the fantastic initiative from HelloSamsonR and participating in the Vol2 edition of the World Wide Map Edit Walk.

I live in Ayamonte, a small town in the South of Spain on the Border with Portugal. There is a natural border, the Guadiana River. There are two different ways of crossing it: by car, driving over the International Bridge or by ferry. The last one was the option we choose.

I was the only one attendee with two of my three kids, Luisita prefered to be working with her daddy :)))

We bought the tickets and took the ferry.  It takes 15 mins to travel from Ayamonte (Spain) to Vila Real do Santo Antonio (Portugal).

Once you take off the ferry you can see the lovely marina Vila Real have, and I really like this restaurant with fantastic views.

I started to add new places to Google Maps. Traditionally, this side of the River sells towels, sheets ... household clothes.  

My Mini Local Guides had an immense patience and I invited them to a snack and this is the place and what they choose :)))

We noticed that the Ferry can be used by people with reduced mobility. 

We didn't see anything special about recycling like wastebaskets with different compartments… extrange because Portugal usually is ahead Spain on this topic...

And… we returned back to Ayamonte. There are two differents boats crossing the river Guadiana, one Portugesse and other Spanish. I prefer the Spanish one because there is a terrace upstairs and you feel more inmerse and surrounded by water because we are in the mouth to the Atlantic Ocean.

On the right side of the photo is Ayamonte (Spain), on the left side is Vila Real do Santo Antonio (Portugal).

We had a really good time.

Many many thanks for taking your time and reading this Recap :)))

Good Afternoon from the South of Spain,

Alejandra.

Ayamonte, España
33 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: [RECAP] Ayamonte World Wide Map Edit Walk V2

@AlejandraMaria, fantastic and nice post!

Fantastic „snacks“... Wow! 

Nice that you enjoyed this WWEW and shared this with us.

Next time I will join as well @HelloSamsonR.

Afternoon??? In Spain already. I thought it is siesta now 😉 🏝  Have had a German paella for lunch... Don’t ask, was German not Spanish...

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r
Level 9

Hi @TorM!!!

You have been very quick ;))))

Jajajajajaja I wrote Good Afternoon because I am using connect and international times, but in my real life , now 13:00 pm ,is still morning.

You perfectly now, jajajajajajaja and I will have lunch  in one two hours jajajaja, and yes... after that a little siesta and after the siesta is when I say it´s afternoon :))))))))

Thank you very much for your comment !!!! And I love paella :)))

Good Morning from the South of Spain,

Alejandra.

Level 10

Wow this is extremely impressive @AlejandraMaria. Thank you so much for organising this meetup. So much to learn and very interesting experience you shared with us. Thank you for your valuable contributions to your community, am glad you were able to host the meetup despite the fact you were the only one and a big  thanks to our two awesome future local guides for supporting you as well.  

Cheers

Level 10

See you @TorM for the next edition

Level 9

Thank you very much @HelloSamsonR to you for creating the World Wide Meet-ups :)))))

I was the only one, but I could add more places and take more photos than when I am in multitudinaria meet-ups :)))))

Each option has its pros and cons.

I liked to be just with my kids 😉

We would love to have you in the next World Wide Meet-up @TorM!

Alejandra.

Connect Moderator

Best would be next year a Edit walk with 6 children 👶👶👶 👶👶👶 somewhere, so they can take the pictures and we the snack (or in the other way around). 

My dog would maybe happy to see the country of here origin....

If not we do it virtual 😉👍 🇪🇸 

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r
Level 10

Congrats @AlejandraMaria for your successful meet-up in Ayamonte, South of Spain

Level 9

Thank you very much @BudionoS :))))

Alejandra.

Level 10

Hi @AlejandraMaria

What a beautiful experience to travel by ferry. A fun family event for you and your mini Local Guides. 

The Guadiana River is a lovely place for this trip for you all to make the most of a very pleasant day with the sun shining looks like a gorgeous time for all. 

All the clothes and linen shops plus many more interesting places that you took this Google Maps Local Guides Connect World Wide Map Edit walk to explore and update pictures plus information, there is some great shopping ventures by the river. 

Looking through the window on the ferry plus more great photos getting  to see your  favourite restaurant from the open terrace upstairs on the Spanish ferry. 

With other stylish boats around as well, all looks like a very enjoyable place to live. 

Such an endearing, enchanting water-scape opening out to the mouth to the Atlantic Ocean.

Thank you for sharing the fun with us. 

Best wishes

@Justine2807

Reshared in Google+:

Here

here and 

here

Plus on Blogger too. 

I look forward to all the shares and reshares and lots of people getting to see and share this with you and comment too. 

Cheers.