AnnaBcn's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: [RECAP] World Wide Cafe Walk - Barcelona

What an amazing meet-up @AnnaBcn!

It looks like so much fun and the cafes sound really amazing and that they really take coffee very seriously.
Congratulations on your successful meet-up and thank you for joining us in the Worldwide Cafe Walk!

Level 9

@AnnaBcn it was really good to meet everyone finally. I hope we do more. 

Level 8

Thank you @Christine_T It was a great experience! We all enjoyed it very much. 

Congrats for yours and for the whole idea! 😄

Level 9

Re: [RECAP] Quedada mundial tomando café - Barcelona

Qué bien se os ve @AnnaBcn!!!

Felicitaciones por esta fantástica quedada.

Cafés riquísimos y deliciosos :)))
Un saludo desde el Sur de España,

Alejandra.

Level 8

Muchas gracias, @AlejandraMaria! La verdad es que estuvo muy divertida. 😄

Level 6

Los felicito realmente un excelente trabajo

Level 2

Helloooo! ¡Por fin descifré como entrar aquí! Sepan disculpar mi ignorancia. jajaja Hermosas todas las fotos, de verdad. Gracias Anna por haber organizado esta quedada y detallada valoración de los cuatros lugares visitados. Espero coincidir con todos vosotros en otro meet up. 🙂

Level 8

Your Photos are Amazing!  Keep Guiding!!

@AnnaBcn wrote:

After two weeks of waiting, we had last Saturday our World Wide Cafe Walk in Barcelona. @Albert_Punyet @AnthonyL @ferry_dignity @CésarParga @Ricard @LaTeacherMirna and @Miguelfqmg met after the iniciative suggested by @HiroyukiTakisawa and @Christine_T from Japan.

Roast Club Cafe. In this tiny shop on Valencia Street, they boast serving specialty coffee, that is, "high quality coffee which has grown to a specific height, at a suitable time of the year, on the best soil and harvested at the right time." So they take coffee very seriously. We were really lucky as we were all able to fit around one table. When we walked inside, the scent of freshly brewed coffee was gorgeous. And the taste, after the first sip, proved us right. We could try a black coffee, a machiatto (a cortado, in Spanish), coffee with milk, hot chocolate and even a baggle with avocado. I ordered a Maroquino. Despite how it sounds like, it has nothing to do with Morocco. It’s a typical coffee from Turin: chocolate, coffee, frothy milk and cocoa powder. I recommend it 100%.. It was delicious!

Nømad Every Day. Since the main cafe was closed that day (Nømad Coffee Lab), we went to one of its sister branch, more like a laboratory than a cafeteria. Its founder began roasting his own coffee and ended up opening three stores in the city. Although you could also order  espresso coffee, I felt adventurous and I ordered one of their cold brew coffees, the Nitro, nitroged cooled. The cold brew is a coffee that is made without heat, keeping coffee in water from 12 to 24 hours so as to get its flavour. I have to admit that although it reminded me of an ice-cold coffee, I didn’t seriously enjoy it, mostly because I could not put sugar in it and that I like strong coffee. At Nomad we could also try some of their cookies, which were actually really good and the highlight of the place.

Tostaderos Bon Mercat. Heir of the renowned Marcilla coffee tradition (now an industrial brand), this place boasts history with the phrase "You'll be around coffee a few minutes. We've been in coffee for more than 100 years. Let us show you around. " Coffee machines of all kinds and sizes, bags with coffee beans, a toasting machine and a small bar give the place a unique personality. At this stop in our route, I dived right for the hot chocolate: not very thick but at least strong and dark. Then we tried the pastry: red velvet cake, carrot cake and croissants (mine were super crunchy!).

And at that moment I had to leave the group 25 minutes before the scheduled time because I had tickets for the theatre. I left them in the good hands of @Phunky, who guided them to Spice Café. But at that time there wasn’t enough sitting space and they had to find another place. They ended up in a terrace having a beer and tapas. The weather in Barcelona is really nice this month. That’s why I’m thinking of organizing another meet-up to try some ice-cream places. What do you think about it?

Thanks to everyone for coming. I had a great time!

Here is the  shared album and the recap in Spanish. 

Our groupOur group

With Peace & Love
- PRK