HelloSamsonR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Nigeria The Geo-Walk How We Marked World Environment Day In 4 States

Welcome to the country were 4 states across its borders marked the World Environment  Day. @U-royFelixA brought the initiative and fellow local guides like  @SanyaOdare@UmarAuna@DanielKingstonA hosted the events across 4 cities in Nigeria. The cities were Lagos, Minna, Abuja and Ibadan. As plans of marking the world environment day came ever closer, Local Guides in Minna decided to explore their environment. As, Minna is not prone to pollution and other hazardous substances that could endanger the environment they chose to see and explore the wonders and undiscovered treasures in their environment to improve and make their environment a better place. The Weather in Minna is around : 26°C, Wind S at 5 km/h, 80% Humidity. Many ideas came up during geo-walk has part of future plans to make the environment more eco-friendly. Thanks to @UmarAuna for showing me his wonderful environment as I am new to this city. It was on this day also that Umar Saidu discovered an Alligator river located in the city. Umar was born and brought up in Minna, but so funny he didnt know something like this existed. That is the spirit behind the Local Guides program, we discover hidden treasures as said in my summit17 video. Thanks to the #LocalGuides team for creating an avenue such as this for us to explore and see the hidden treasures in our communities. To the Local Guides Team i say a big thank you.#LocalGuides

Photo By SanyaOdarePhoto By SanyaOdare

Below are the photo recap of the events in across the different states in Nigeria.

Sanyaodare kickstarted the event in Lagos first with the walkSanyaodare kickstarted the event in Lagos first with the walk

Minna followed up by visiting one of the highest rock in the capital.Minna followed up by visiting one of the highest rock in the capital.

Abuja the  Capital of Nigeria also followed upAbuja the Capital of Nigeria also followed upBelow are exciting moments and experiences enjoyed during the geo-walk.

MINNA LOCAL GUIDES RECAP PHOTOGRAPHS

Minna Local GuidesMinna Local Guideslol ,we saw a horse owned by a locallol ,we saw a horse owned by a localfeeling happy and excitedfeeling happy and excitedtaking a selfie  at the highest peak of the rock. the air was so nice.taking a selfie at the highest peak of the rock. the air was so nice.Umar saidu showing me his beautiful cityUmar saidu showing me his beautiful citySAM_1504.JPGhaving a breakhaving a breakwe discovered a frog in an abandoned wellwe discovered a frog in an abandoned wellSAM_1525.JPGSAM_1499.JPGSAM_1591.JPGLooking at the discovered Aligator RiverLooking at the discovered Aligator River

Desktop.JPG

GIFFY.gif

To see more exciting and interesting pictures from the experience please visit the album created by the community owner Umar saidu : Minna Enviroment Day Geo-Walk Pictures

For The exciting Pictures also from Lagos please Visit this post created by Sanyaodare How Lagos Marked World Enviroment Day

For the Pictures of Abuja also Please visit this link: Abuja Geo-Walk By Daniel Kingston

@NarenChandra Your photos are ready to view sorry its coming late, work didnt allow me upload on time.

@OSAMA  osama your pictures are ready for viewing, please go visit the album.

@DiAnaUS The meetup has been held and you can see photos now from the album.

@IsaacMarcus More photos are available now in the album you can go have a re look lol.

@MahabubMunna See How we marked our Environment Day. 

Nigeria
130 comments

Accepted Solutions
Googler
Solution

Re: Nigeria The Geo-Walk How We Marked World Environment Day In 4 States

Excellent meet-up, @HelloSamsonR! Your post is featured on the homepage today:

Screen Shot 2017-06-06 at 8.14.57 AM.png

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.

View solution in original post

Level 9

Wonderful amazing place @HelloSamsonR

, I will open the album now 😉

Level 10

@OSAMA Have you open the album. How did you see all the pictures? 

Level 10

Yayyyy!

The pictures speak alot , it seems like you have had a lot of fun there exploring nature  .

The way you narrated the meet was beautiful. 

Thanks @HelloSamsonR for sharing your beautiful memories with us. 

Level 10

@NarenChandra wrote:

Yayyyy!

The pictures speak alot , it seems like you have had a lot of fun there exploring nature  .

The way you narrated the meet was beautiful. 

Thanks @HelloSamsonR for sharing your beautiful memories with us. 

@NarenChandra Thanks Man, I am really glad you liked it. 

Level 7

Thanks @HelloSamsonR this is a great recap i love it,  thanks alot

Android Engineer | Local Guide
Level 10

@UmarAuna Thanks bro, I am really glad you like it. Looking forward to our next meet up .

Level 9

Yeah @HelloSamsonR of course I open the album last night , & wish I am with you guys 👌👍😁

@SamsonR wrote:

@OSAMA Have you open the album. How did you see all the pictures? 

Level 10

@OSAMA Lol, thats nice, thats the spirit. @OSAMA come to think of it, have you hosted a meetup before, and how does your community look like?

Level 10

@HelloSamsonR i always knew you would make this far brother, its featured in connect now, cheers , happy for you .