rtsayles's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Next Dallas, Texas Fall 2016 Meetup

Hello Dallas Local Guides,

Our next meet up will be around the Lower Greenville area.  If you are interested, you are welcome to join us. We have not decided a date or time, so please chime in your availability so we can start making final preparations.  Thank you.

Robby

Robby Sayles
Lower Greenville, Dallas, TX, United States
13 comments
Level 10

Re: Next Dallas, Texas Fall 2016 Meetup

If you're planning a date and time, might I suggest a weekend. I work in Cypress Waters (that little sliver of Dallas between Coppell and Irving near Belt Line and LBJ), live in Frisco, so by the time I get off work on a weeknight, it would be 6:30-7:00 before I could get to Lower Greenville, and with daylight getting shorter, we would probably have no more than 90 minutes of good light for photography..

As far as my weekend availability, I am available most weekends.

M. W. Jones -- Former Map Maker Regional Lead, United States
Level 8

Hi @MWJones you brought up some really good points. As we approach the fall season the sunset earlier, so we would need to take that into account.  The weekends work fine for me 🙂 

Robby

Robby Sayles
Level 8

Michael and Robert - Weekends definitely work.  Saturday afternoon is a good time to go to Lower Greenville - great rooftop restaurants open all day.

@MichaelJ wrote:

If you're planning a date and time, might I suggest a weekend. I work in Cypress Waters (that little sliver of Dallas between Coppell and Irving near Belt Line and LBJ), live in Frisco, so by the time I get off work on a weeknight, it would be 6:30-7:00 before I could get to Lower Greenville, and with daylight getting shorter, we would probably have no more than 90 minutes of good light for photography..

As far as my weekend availability, I am available most weekends.

Traveling Executive - Sharing good vibes and local experiences with the world - It is better to experience something once than to hear about it a thousand times. Travel On. Experience the world.
Level 4

weekend would be best for me

Level 8

YaY @DavidH @JuliaRoss @MWJones, it seems like the meeting will work for the next meetup.  I was thinking maybe around 3ish?  That would give us some daylight to do a photowalk?  What you guys think about doing a oktoberfest theme meetup, LOL?  Any further suggestions?

Robby Sayles
Level 2

I'm in Garland and could be interested.  I see there is a strong preference for a weekend... that's a crap-shoot for me, so go ahead and schedule it and then I'll let you know if I can make it.

Level 4

Any thoughts on nailing-down a time?  This weekend is a no-go for me, but other weekends should be good.  

Level 6

Hi Robert,

I'd like to see you'd like to consider using GeniusDen (https://geniusden.com/) in Deep Ellum as a venue for this meetup, and possibly future Local Guides events in Dallas. 

Do you think we could have a photo walk in Deep Ellum? We've had wine walks before, but this could help Dallas win the challenge. Happy to help.

Cheers,

-Nolan

Level 6

Julia,

GeniusDen (https://geniusden.com/) in Deep Ellum would likely be available on the weekends as well.