RikM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

New to the Colchester Area (Essex, England) - Help me be a better Local Guide

New to the Colchester area and keen to be a good local guide - wondering if there are any others out and about in the area gathering information? Say hi 🙂

Colchester, United Kingdom
7 comments
Level 9

Re: New to the Colchester Area (Essex, England) - Help me be a better Local Guide

Hi @RikM - feel free to join us at the South Essex or Colchester Local Guides Google Communities 🙂

Level 6

Re: New to the Colchester Area (Essex, England) - Help me be a better Local Guide

Hiya,

My name is Kirston I'm a Local Guide from Southend on Sea nice to meet you! hopefully we'll be able to meet up and do a photo walk maybe soon! 

Level 7

Hi @RikM - I'm just down the A12 from you in Stock near Billericay & Chelmsford.  It would be good to get a critical mass of local people interested in sharing recommendations & reviews in this area.  Colchester's got some great history to it.

Level 2

Hi 

I was born here I lived here until i was 21but I have lived elsewhere most of my life but now back here to my roots.

Pauline

Level 7

Cool Pauline, welcome back to Essex - there is a "GoogleNext" cloud event in London next week but I'm up for a "local guide" meetup later in May .. shall we suggest a day and a pub venue?

Level 1

Me and my daughter are also in the Chelmsford area. Would be great to meet up and get to know some new people.

Level 7

Unfortunately this "Local Guides Connect" website is languishing in the UK.  I recently met with London Local Guides and they do parallel invites on Google Plus to make their events more visible.

I'm mainly interested in finding good new pubs & restaurants but it seems many guides are motivated by posting their photos.

Shall we co-organise something for Chelmsford's first "Restaurant Festival" starts 1st March 2018

see here : https://www.chelmsford.gov.uk/leisure-theatres-and-museums/festivals-and-special-events/chelmsford-r... ?

There is also Meetup / Facebook for getting involved in things like photo-walks or music evenings.