Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

NLG Volunteer Day

NIGERIA LOCAL GUIDES VOLUNTEER DAY

University Of Lagos Senate Building

Akoka, Lagos, Nigeria

April 28, 2018 @ 11:00 (WAT)

Inspired by the #Letsguides, I thought we could come together as a group to do something unique and life impacting for our community.

On the 28th of April 2018, the Nigeria Local Guides Community will be having a Volunteer day meet-up. This volunteer excersise will be replicated across the different Local Guides Community in the country. The aim of this excersise will be to give back to the community in whatever possible way we can give back to our community. It is going to be a full day meet-up, including many activities so come along fully prepared.

Items that will be needed

1. Make sure your phones are fully charged
  2. Carry a power bank along for backup
  3. Bring along simple & protected hand gloves.
  4. Items for donations e.g Maybe a pair of clothes, shoes, books, pen, gift packs like grocery items as well.( Based on your discretion).

We would be visiting many of the slum communities, most of them are not properly mapped so we would be mapping them. We would take a tour of them to see the missing information about these places on Google Maps. In line with that as well, We would also do a small thanks to this communities. We would donate what ever little things we have to them, we would also help on that day with  clean-up of some of this communities by participating together as a group. We made some arrangement to teach some of the members of the community on how to use Google Maps and also the Internet. This too will be replicated across the different communities too. We would be cleaning special places like parks and gardens. After cleaning such places we would also add high quality photos of the  parks and gardens to the Google Maps.

The theme of this meet-up is tagged Lending a helping hands to our community. As you know we are local guides and we know places like no other, this is a very good opportunity to extend some of our shared values as well to our community.  After the end of the meet-up I will be sharing a small thank you gift card to show  appreciation for your efforts in coming out to support the activities.

To my Local Guides from different parts of the world, you can have such similar events as well in your community. We could help make an impact similarly together. You could replicate this event as well. 

Should you need more information please ask on this post.

The meet-up will kickstart at Lagos and venue of the meetup is the University of Lagos

RSVP here

Akoka, Lagos, Nigeria
49 comments
Level 10

Re: NLG Volunteer Day

I would highlight the different communities participating on this reply here.

So We got the communities already replicating this event: You can find the list of the different communities below:

1. Nkenna Will be replicating by hosting this event in Abuja, Capital of Nigeria.

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Let-s-Meet-Up/Abuja-L-G-Volunteer-day/m-p/736078#M56986

2. David Will be replicating and hosting this event in Perth, Western Australia.

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Let-s-Meet-Up/PLG-Volunteer-Day/m-p/735942/highlight/false#M56...

More to still come.... Stay tuned.

Level 10

Here would contain a list of the my maps of the communities.

Level 9

JORDAN Local Guides are In brooo @HelloSamsonR , i like volunetery work ,

Almost all local Guides love voluntery days 

🎉☺️🎉☺️🎉☺️🎉

I like your initiatives broooo

Thumbs up for Nigerian local guides 

Level 9

Connect Moderator

Great!!! @HelloSamsonR

Best wishes for your successful Meetup. 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 10

@OSAMA wrote:

JORDAN Local Guides are In brooo @HelloSamsonR , i like volunetery work ,

Almost all local Guides love voluntery days 

🎉☺️🎉☺️🎉☺️🎉

I like your initiatives broooo

Thumbs up for Nigerian local guides 

@OSAMA You are a super supporter, it would be so great and awesome of you too have such activity going in your community, you are very kind. 

Level 10

@NareshDarji wrote:

Great!!! @HelloSamsonR

Best wishes for your successful Meetup. 

Hey @NareshDarji Thanks Man

Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent @HelloSamsonR, count Abuja Local Guides soo in.

Level 10

Thumbs up @Anonymous. Very glad to hear you participating in this. Thanks for stamping Abuja in this event, super awesome.