KarenVChin's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: My San Francisco: Being a Local Guide for Another Local Guide

Wow another story of #LGSummit17 between @KarenVChin and @ErmesT before meet with many other Local Guides. Very nice guiding from a Local Guides to another Local Guides. aahahhaha... two thumbs up for both of you Karen and Ermest. what a beautiful friendship!

Level 10

Hope  in future  u and me only 😉 @KarenVChin  A big travel in little SF 😛

Mahabub Hasan
Level 10

Hi @KarenVChin and @ErmesT

What a fabulous sensational special Local Guides tour extraordinaire! San Francisco is a city that comes complete with its on efferecence! A buzz that comes from the heart of the city, the people!

Local Guides from all around the world adding to the human natural electricity that is in the connection of every community as one in that beautiful city was delightful! I.T was an incredible bonding for all watching from everywhere as well, and a fantastic feeling of joy and happiness that joined us all. Pure and simply the love of life, plus our countries, and sharing the #fun is totally spectacular!

Every story from the LGsummit17 the best summit ever was and is excellent and always wondrous and happy versions from everyone! Thank you all.

Seeing San Francisco through the eyes of a true local leader moderator Karen a vibrant, kind, vivacious beautiful San Francisco Local Guide, sharing with and then getting another vision from Ermes, a savoir, stately, friendly gentleman from Europe a leader moderator with Local Guides Italy is an exceptional experience. The pictures are supreme and the places you visited in the four hour wiz tour are all truly superb!

The excitement and beauty of being the the glorious church where Marilyn married Jo, so gorgeous. The windiest road in the world, Woohoo what a whirl of steep individual car (no overtaking there...lol) road with a difference. Then from a taste of Italy, San Francisco style to wonderful Chinatown too (Where you tasted the unique flavours and delightful aromas of a place that has its own character and is alive with Californian Chinese style)! Finishing on a whole new tour of fun with Aussie favourite, humorous, bubbly and brilliant @PaulPavlinovich 36' summit17 photo-bike-ride that covered Pier 39 and Fisherman's wharf with all its delights and seals too! 

Thank you both for these outstanding versions of visions of this fun, historical, busy, interesting, delicious city before and during the summit.

Shine on champions! 

Best wishes for a 2018 filled with love, happiness, great health and success in all you do. 

Love and friendship always

@Justine2807

@KarenVChin wrote:

@Ermest riding his first San Francisco cable car ride@Ermest riding his first San Francisco cable car ride

@ErmesT - one of the Local Guides Connect Living Legends

Here in the Local Guides Connect @ErmesT, Italy Local Guide, is the most popular and friendliest Local Guides Connect Moderator in our online community. 

Ermes is the most active of the Connect Moderators. He is usually online:

• Welcoming new Local Guides.
  • Helping and answering related Local Guides questions.
  • Writing posts on Connect about his beloved Treviso and homeland, Italy. 
  • Sharing his passions for clouds, wild mushrooms, photography, and bringing awareness and the rebuilding efforts of crumbling ancient Italian buildings after the recent devasting Norcia Earthquake.
  • And, finally, hunting and getting rid of spam.

One of many selfies taken during LGSummit17One of many selfies taken during LGSummit17

I can tell you that Ermes is exactly like this in person. I was very lucky to finally meet him in my hometown last October during the 2nd annual Local Guides Summit - LGSummit17. It was his first time in San Francisco and to be in California.

@Ermest getting ready to take lots of photos as we walk through Chinatown@Ermest getting ready to take lots of photos as we walk through Chinatown

When Ermes told me he was only able to stay for just the Summit (October 10th - October 13th) because he couldn't take more time off work, I knew I had to be his Local Guide. I created a highly customized 4-hour tour during our free Tuesday morning / early afternoon so that he can maximize his San Francisco sightseeing time. 

Local Guides Connect Moderator @PaulPavlinovich had planned his 1st Annual 36 Photowalk Summit Edition around Fisherman's Wharf & Pier 39 to happen that late afternoon that many LGSummit17 attendees were looking forward to finally meet-up in person.

@Ermes experiencing Molinari Delicatessen, the oldest Italian delicatessen in San Francisco@Ermes experiencing Molinari Delicatessen, the oldest Italian delicatessen in San Francisco

My only advice before I met Ermes was to "wear your most comfortable walking shoes" because I planned for us to literally walk across San Francisco and back in a short amount of time.

My plan was to take him on a fast-paced tour through two famous San Francisco neighborhoods - North Beach (Little Italy) and Chinatown, including lunch at my favorite Chinatown dim sum restaurant, City View Restaurant.

@Ermest experiencing yummy SF Chinatown dim sum for lunch@Ermest experiencing yummy SF Chinatown dim sum for lunch

Want to see more photos & read what we exactly did for 4 hours last October, click my Google Photos album

My San Francisco: Being a Local Guide to Another Local Guide 

Interested in taking my 4-Hour Local Guides San Francisco North Beach & Chinatown Walking Tour yourself?

Click & save my Local Guides Google Maps Trip link.

Cheers,

Karen

#Local Guides

#ongooglemaps

#LGSummit17 

Level 10

Re: Discovering San Francisco - a local Local Guide guiding a Local Guide

@ErmesT wrote:

haha @KarenVChin

well, Powell street is a wall, in fact is a wall, not a road

Caption, Cable cars at Union SquareCaption, Cable cars at Union Square

What you don't know is that, after our "cable car raid" on friday, I did the same, running, in 20 minutes.

So funny

Ermes

Ahahahah @ErmesT I climbed this road with the RV 😄 😄 

Connect Moderator

Thanks @Justine2807, I am glad you enjoyed @ErmesT and my posts. It was fun to share stories with Ermes during our walking tour. He knew, of course, NY Yankee Baseball Legend Joe DiMaggio and Marilyn Monroe. But did not realized they were married at San Francisco City Hall instead of a Catholic Church because both were divorced and at the time one could not get married again at a church because of this.

@PaulPavlinovich’s 36 Photowalk was a lot of fun! I can’t remember the total number who participated that late Tuesday afternoon. We did take up a lot of space walking as a group around Fisherman’s Wharf and Pier 39.

One of the fun moments captured during Local Guides Connect Moderator @paulpalinovich’s 36 Photowalk Summit Edition with Indonesia Local Guides @MutiahA & @BudionoSOne of the fun moments captured during Local Guides Connect Moderator @paulpalinovich’s 36 Photowalk Summit Edition with Indonesia Local Guides @MutiahA & @BudionoSTowards the end, I was being Paul’s “caboose,” making sure we did not loose anyone and getting everyone back to our hotel to get ready for the start of the LGSummit17 Welcome Reception later that evening.

Cheers,

Karen

Level 9

wonderful photo @KarenVChin :))))

@MutiahA , @BudionoS and all :)))))))))))))))))))

Connect Moderator

@MahabubMunna,I am counting on your promise. We still need to go to your favorite Halal restaurant here in San Francisco, ok?

Cheers,

Karen

@MahabubMunna wrote:

Hope  in future  u and me only 😉 @KarenVChin  A big travel in little SF 😛

Connect Moderator

Re: Discovering San Francisco - a local Local Guide guiding a Local Guide

Haha @ErmesT, so sorry for this! But I know it was worth it. Was your flight on time even with all the smoke from the Wine Country fires?

@ErmesT wrote:

haha @KarenVChin

well, Powell street is a wall, in fact is a wall, not a road

Caption, Cable cars at Union SquareCaption, Cable cars at Union Square

What you don't know is that, after our "cable car raid" on friday, I did the same, running, in 20 minutes.

So funny

Ermes

Connect Moderator

WHOA!!! I am green in envy @KarenVChin. Spending exclusive time with a legend like @ErmesT being his local Local Guide and showing him the best of the bests in such a short time is awesome! I wish I could take a part of the tour too. This is like a recap of an amazing meetup. And I thoroughly enjoyed both your and Ermes's versions of recaps as well as the pictures. And yes, I have just saved the map for my next trip to San Francisco. But I want to have sushi with you on my next trip. So lady, please spare some time for me too when I visit the Paris of the West again. 😛

Connect Moderator

@KarenVChin wrote:

@MahabubMunna,I am counting on your promise. We still need to go to your favorite Halal restaurant here in San Francisco, ok?

@KarenVChin, please don't forget to take @MahabubMunna to Marrakesh restaurant as well. He wanted to try Moroccan cuisine in SF, but I could not make time for him.