CateP's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Mums who Map - Who are you?

Hiya,

Who out there is LG and a mum? Does it affect your mapping? Do you get to add more or less places because of your kids?

I have 3 littlies 5 yrs and under and at times it can be a challenge. 

Say g'day and add your story below. Be great to hear from other mums!

Cheers, Cate 

Epping, Victoria, Australia
13 comments
Googler

Re: Mums who Map - Who are you?

Hi @CateP. I'm not a mum but I have many friends who are and definitely know their mapping habits are different. They have way more contributions to parks and childrens' stores than I do but as I hang out with them often, my contributions are getting up there. I try to add information that is helpful in general for all even if it doesn't apply to me, such as no room for strollers/prams let alone wheelchairs or no changing tables (gasp) in the restroom or it's only in the ladies' room (hello, it's 2017!). 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 7

Hi @TraciC 

Thanks for joining the conversation and sharing your mapping ways!

I know I personally appreciate reading reviews that mention about changing areas, pram feasibility and anything that might help managing the kids lol and knowing b4 hand if there are no change areas or if a dad going out with the kids might not be able to change them due to change facilities only being in the ladies is very useful and appreciated to know b5 hand!

Your exactly right, if a pram or stroller can't fit how would a wheelchair fit! 

It means a lot that there are people like yourself who take the time to include things like this in your reviews even though it may not apply to you personally. 

Thanks for that!!! 😃

Googler

There's just so much information we can add to make other people's lives easier, so why not? I think I started paying even more attention to family-oriented questions when my best friend shared about being on an airplane and it not having a changing table. Can you imagine??? Oof, @CateP

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 10

@KrithikaA Have a look.

Level 7

@TraciC Wow, an Aeroplane with no baby change table?!? I didn't think such a thing was possible.  Wow, if that happened to me I don't know what I would do - I currently have 2 in nappies. Thank god we can share experiences so we can try and avoid these bad situations where possible!  

Level 7

Lovely to meet  you @KrithikaA. Do you have kids 🙂

Level 6

Hi @CateP! I recently had one and she is 4 months old now. Of course it's obvious that being a mom doesn't refrain you from being a local guide. In fact you become a knowledge agent who share the most valuable information with other moms. I know how hard it is to make decisions on baby chores, starting from diaper brands- to the pH value of bottle washing liquids.. Ooph! Therefore every mom should become a local guide I'd say. 

Level 7

Hi @KrithikaA wow, congratulations on your baby girl! I love that; "you become a knowledge agent who share the most valuable information with other moms" - I couldn't agree more! 

And that's really the point of this post - a place for mums who are local guides to connect with each other 🙂

Googler

@KarenVChin I thought you might like this thread. 🙂