cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

[CANCELLED] Mumbai Chap | LG India KickOff

Mumbai Chapter | LG India KickOff

Capitol Cinema

Dadabhai Naoroji Road, Opposite Chatrapati Shivaji Station, Fort, Kala Ghoda, Fort, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400001, India

August 20, 2017 @ 15:00 (IST)

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
26 comments
Level 7

Re: Mumbai Chap | LG India KickOff

Best Wishes @devNimi For The Forthcoming Geo-Walk. I Have RSVPd As "Yes".
Looking Forward To See You There! 
Until Then, Take Care!

Onwards.

@devNimi wrote:

Capitol Cinema

Dadabhai Naoroji Road, Opposite Chatrapati Shivaji Station, Fort, Kala Ghoda, Fort, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400001, India

@August 20, 2017 @ 15:00 (IST)

RSVP here

Local Guides Mumbai!!

Gear up - LG KickOff Mumbai Chapter is here!

Let's gather up for a Photo Walk in Mumbai & get to know each other. It's OK to use your Smartphone, you don't need a DSLR for this walk. Just make sure you & your phone are all juiced up. We know the idea of going out only to take photos can be little daunting for less experienced photographers, so we'll start this photo walk with a mini introduction on how to take photos 🙂

* Carry a water bottle & watch for weather forecast.  

Expected Route:

This walk takes you into the heart of the old ‘Fort’.

1. CST -  Explore the ‘White Town’ or the European half of the old town that existed within the Fort walls. Begin the walk at F.W.Steven’s gothic masterpiece and a UNESCO World Heritage site - the grand Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus also known as the Bombay Victoria Terminus.Chhatrapati.Shivaji.Terminus.original.994.jpg
  2. D.N. Road - Then walk down D.N.Road, also called the Heritage Mile of Mumbai, while admiring one of the oldest parts of the city(almost as old as the city itself) which even today is reminiscence of it colonial past.dn road.jpg
  3. Flora Fountain -  here we’ll  take a minute to soak in the atmosphere of one of the busiest precincts of Mumbai.florafountain.jpg
  4. Kala Ghoda - Next just a hop, skip and jump away lies the historic art district of Kala Ghoda with its many Gothic buildings and numerous art galleries creating a charm that is unmatched in Mumbai.kala-ghoda-mumbai1.jpg
  5. Oval Maidan - here in a great phalanx lie the Old Secretariat, University Library and Convocation Hall, High Court building , the old PWD building and Telegraph Department, a truly imperial vision like a fleet of massive stone battleships, monolithic, awe-inspiring and supremely self confident. Once they faced out across the sea in silent tribute to the naval power that built them. As a group they coalesce to form an impressively romantic skyline and they bequeathed an identity and style to the city that is unique to Mumbai.oval maidaan.jpg
  6. Marine Drive - Finally take Veer Nariman Road (the former Churchgate Street) down to Marine Drive to enjoy a fantastic view of the Art Deco Skyline that has become an identity of Mumbai the world over.Mumbai-wallpaper-8.jpg

Venue - Capitol Cinema, Opp. Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, Fort, Mumbai

Date -August 20, 2017 SUNDAY

Time -03:00 PM

For more information watch the announcement section below. If you have any question or suggestion discuss them below.

Share the words on social media using hashtag #LocalGuides #LGIndiaKickOff #MumbaiChapter  

---

A word Hi! I am Nimesh. I am one of the 150 fortunate local guides who'll be attending LG Summit17 this year. I am a front-end web developer & share passion for traveling, photography & programming. I really enjoy sharing my travel experience & photos on Google Maps. "LOCAL GUIDES INDIA KICK OFF" is an idea that I came up with to kick off local guide actives across India. Let's be honest about it, we have been little rusty for a while and we are not active as other communities across globe. So let's kick few things things in and get rolling 🙂 In 4 weeks I'll be hosting 4 meet-ups across 4 major cities in India. Mumbai being second chapter<3

If any of you happen to be around in Mumbai on August 20 or in any cities on the following date. Make sure to swing by and say Hi!  

Other Chapters

Chapter 1 Delhi, IN | August 13, 2017

Chapter 3 Bengaluru, IN | September 3, 2017

Chapter 4 Ahmedabad, IN | September10, 2017

RSVP here

@devNimi wrote:

Capitol Cinema

RSVP here

Local Guides Mumbai!!

Let's gather up for a Photo Walk in Mumbai & get to know each other. It's OK to use your Smartphone, you don't need a DSLR for this walk. Just make sure you & your phone are all juiced up. We know the idea of going out only to take photos can be little daunting for less experienced photographers, so we'll start this photo walk with a mini introduction on how to take photos 🙂

Expected Route:

1. CST -  Explore the ‘White Town’ or the European half of the old town that existed within the Fort walls. Begin the walk at F.W.Steven’s gothic masterpiece and a UNESCO World Heritage site - the grand Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus also known as the Bombay Victoria Terminus.Chhatrapati.Shivaji.Terminus.original.994.jpg
  2. D.N. Road - Then walk down D.N.Road, also called the Heritage Mile of Mumbai, while admiring one of the oldest parts of the city(almost as old as the city itself) which even today is reminiscence of it colonial past.dn road.jpg
  3. Flora Fountain -  here we’ll  take a minute to soak in the atmosphere of one of the busiest precincts of Mumbai.florafountain.jpg
  4. Kala Ghoda - Next just a hop, skip and jump away lies the historic art district of Kala Ghoda with its many Gothic buildings and numerous art galleries creating a charm that is unmatched in Mumbai.kala-ghoda-mumbai1.jpg
  5. Oval Maidan - here in a great phalanx lie the Old Secretariat, University Library and Convocation Hall, High Court building , the old PWD building and Telegraph Department, a truly imperial vision like a fleet of massive stone battleships, monolithic, awe-inspiring and supremely self confident. Once they faced out across the sea in silent tribute to the naval power that built them. As a group they coalesce to form an impressively romantic skyline and they bequeathed an identity and style to the city that is unique to Mumbai.oval maidaan.jpg
  6. Marine Drive - Finally take Veer Nariman Road (the former Churchgate Street) down to Marine Drive to enjoy a fantastic view of the Art Deco Skyline that has become an identity of Mumbai the world over.Mumbai-wallpaper-8.jpg

For more information watch the announcement section below. If you have any question or suggestion discuss them below.

Share the words on social media using hashtag #LocalGuides #LGIndiaKickOff #MumbaiChapter  

---

A word Hi! I am Nimesh. I am one of the 150 fortunate local guides who'll be attending LG Summit17 this year. I am a front-end web developer & share passion for traveling, photography & programming. I really enjoy sharing my travel experience & photos on Google Maps. "LOCAL GUIDES INDIA KICK OFF" is an idea that I came up with to kick off local guide actives across India. Let's be honest about it, we have been little rusty for a while and we are not active as other communities across globe. So let's kick few things things in and get rolling 🙂 In 4 weeks I'll be hosting 4 meet-ups across 4 major cities in India. Mumbai being second chapter<3

If any of you happen to be around in Mumbai on August 20 or in any cities on the following date. Make sure to swing by and say Hi!  

Other Chapters

RSVP here

Level 7

@ExploreWithNick great! Glad to have you on board 🙂

Level 8

Hii @devNimi @ExploreWithNick 

Hope we meet in August 20

Thanks for hosting the Meet Up.

Level 6

Sure ...why not....Lets meet

@devNimi wrote:

Capitol Cinema

RSVP here

Local Guides Mumbai!!

Expected Route:

---

Other Chapters

RSVP here

Level 8

Finally i got some Local guides from Mumbai

Eagerly searching since past few monts and here you are so let's meet up on 20th 

patty
Level 6

sure

@patty1996 wrote:

Finally i got some Local guides from Mumbai

Eagerly searching since past few monts and here you are so let's meet up on 20th 

Level 7

thanks @vishalsaini93

if you know any other local guides in or around Mumbai. Please let them know

Level 7

great! RSPV here

Level 6

ok @devNimi