AnuradhaP's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Meetup posts on Sri Lanka Local Guides Community page gets disappeared

These days I find it difficult to post meetup posts on Sri Lanka Local Guides Community page. It will be there for few minutes or hours, and suddenly it gets disappeared. Since we are facing some hiccups in LG Connet and meetup site, Is this similar technical issues? 

Today I posted twice the meetup I planned on March 19, 2017, it was online for few minutes or hours, and after some time, it was disappeared.

This issue is not helping us to promote Sri Lanka Local Guides related activities in Sri Lanka. @Corrie, @JessicaS @AradhanaB @BellaWi @Gus @YanniY  Could you please look into this issue? We want to promote Local Guides in Sri Lanka, and problems like this(after we put a lot of efforts to post it and if gets disappeared like this) will discourage us to promote Local Guides in Sri Lanka.

I am tagging Sri Lanka Local Guides community owner and moderators here. I think they are also facing this issue. @DihanP @NadunD @UdayaGune @Tharaka Did you notice this issue?

Kalutara North, Wadduwa, Western Province, Sri Lanka
21 comments
Level 9

Re: Meetup posts on Sri Lanka Local Guides Community page gets disappeared

@AnuradhaP thanks for this post. I was thinking of writing this issue to LG and you did it. from the beginning many of my posts which shared in Sri Lanka Local Guides community disappeared. also I sent an email to the owner of the community and so far no reply. these days our meet-up posts are disappearing from the Sri Lanka Local Guides Community. I feel ready sad about this. today I shared the March month all 4 meet-up's and, in short period all disappeared. please check the below images I have posted 4 meet-up's and last screen you can not see anything.

could you please help on this @TraciC @JessicaS @AradhanaB @GusMoreira @BellaWi @YanniY @Corrie

batti only.jpgbatti + kandy.jpgkandy + kalutara.jpgkalutara + dambulla.jpgdambulla.jpgnothing.jpg

Googler

@IlankovanT @AnuradhaP It sounds like @DihanP (the community owner) may have moderation for posts turned on. This is really a question for Google+, but I believe when you post something in a community and moderation for new posts is turned on (to avoid spam), it will show up for you but not show up for everyone until the moderator(s) approve it. 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 8

Hello TraciC,

We'll check on that,  I think it happens if a same user post too many in a day or a on the same week without any interactions (+1s or comments) from rest of the community members; we noticed most of his or her post(s) goes to spam automatically. Anyway, we'll have an eye on that. All the relevant & quality post as well as new member requests are moderated by the moderators of "Sri Lanka Local Guides" community.

Level 10

@TraciC , @DihanP thanks.  It only happens to meetup posts. Other posts get published. All the time meetup posts will be online for some hours or minutes before it gets disappeared. I do not know. It is strange. I am not spamming, I post relevant posts. When it gets disappeared I am reposting them

This is really strange. I will check with Google + community(making posts as spam when there is no user activity). But most of my posts get +1s. 

I am handling few Google + communities and nothing like this happened to me. Anyway, these days I am feeling some software acts in a funny way. 🙂

@DihanP Could you please post meetup posts? There are really important. We are planning these meetups for Map Your World Week 2017. 

Level 9

@TraciC thank you,

@DihanP actually I have noted this is happening when I share meet-up posts. As @AnuradhaP said we are not spamming and sharing posts related to LG activities to the community. Specially encouraging local guides to attend meet-up's. You can check my profile and I'm always active on Sri Lanka Local Guides community by sharing useful posts (and people make +1, comments too).

I have reported this to you long time before by email and told me that you will investigate and reply, so far no reply on that and the problem is still existing among other local guides. Appreciate if you could share Sri Lanka Local Guides March meet-up's. (Few local guides are hosting their first meet-up and it's our responsibility to encourage them by sharing their posts in other local guides communities, doing such will be a motivating factor for them.

Level 9

@DihanP seems still the issue is exists. And wondering why it happening only for meet-up shares for all local guides. Yesterday I found Batticaloa meet-up was not visible in the Sri Lanka Local Guides community, then I shared again. for few hours it was there and it disappeared. But I can see the shared post under my profile. 

@TraciC could you please help on this. Seems there is a issue on G+? Or moderation?

Screenshot_20170301-084211.png

Level 10

@TraciC This Google + issue is not going to help us to promote LGs in Sri Lanka. Pls look into this. This only happens for meetup posts.

Googler

@AnuradhaP @IlankovanT As I noted earlier, I believe this has to do with a community owner's permissions and whether or not a post is held for review until a moderator approves it to be posted in the community or the community moderator removes the post itself. I own the New York City Local Guides community and yesterday, @Ron356 shared a link to a meet-up in the community but it still appears in the community today so I am unable to replicate it. 

I'll share with the team to take a look, but also recommend posting in the Google+ Help Forum/Community, too. 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 8

Hi @IlankovanT,

Just want to share some personal experience being a Moderator to a G+ community page.

Even for my own posts, they can be put on hold by the system (there is no keyword write list / person white list that we can tune.  It is 100% by G+ automatic).  Personally I will not know that my posts in the SPAM queue pending for review - it is just visible to other Moderators and the Owner.

We can just set the Moderation of Each Post on or off.  Thus for the G+ community that have it turned off, it will get caught by the G+ Spam detection hard - as they are not ready to check for (even not aware) posts stuck in the Spam Queue.

Hope it can help.