Ddimitra's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Meetup With LG from other Country - Mom as A Local Guide Series

Me and Rahmat @RahmatHarmanP from Jakarta Local Guide had the chance to meet Bangladesh Local Guide, Mr. Limon @MdAtikuzzamanLimon 

He was in Jakarta for attending the Islamic Youth Organization Congres.

Mr. Limon wanted to meet with Indonesia Local Guide, so I met him on behalf of Indonesia Local Guide and Jakarta Local Guide.

LIMON HELD STICKER FROM INDONESIA LOCAL GUIDELIMON HELD STICKER FROM INDONESIA LOCAL GUIDELIMON, RAHMAT AND MELIMON, RAHMAT AND ME

In the Lobby of Sultan Hotel, Limon introduced me with a gentle man who works in Youth and Sports Ministry, Mr.Taufiq. Limon introduced me as an Indonesian Local Guide. Before Limon said further, Mr. Taufiq  responded, “I am also a Local Guide too, You are  local Guide? How many points  do you have?”

I am so amazed, wow this man is really cool, he is very updated! Then he said, “Your friend can join us in this event, We will meet the Jakarta Governor.”

Turn out, Limon was invited to other event,  and the event was the Farewell Dinner for The 7th World Peace Forum.

At first, I politely  said No, then I realized, this is a rare opportunity.  An ordinary people, specially a mom like me, who knows no one in government, could attend this International event, and mingle with lots of people from another countries.  

I  better come! LOL

The organizer set the bus for transportation, from Sultan to Jakarta City Hall. I was in that bus, along with other attendees from various countries. Nice!

AT THE BUSAT THE BUS

At the City Hall, the Farewell Dinner host by Jakarta Governor. They entertained  us with Betawi traditional dance and Gambang Kromo Music as background.  The Dinner Menus were delicious, represented Indonesian Cuisine.

JAKARTA GOVERNORJAKARTA GOVERNOR

The only obstacle was, every one asked about my organization I represented.  I answered, “I am from Jakarta Local Guide.” 

Then their responses were, “Oh, you are the one guiding the attendees explore Jakarta?”

I replied politely, “No, You got the wrong Impression Sir, Jakarta Local Guide is part of Indonesia Local Guide.”  

Silence for while, and I continued

“Indonesia Local Guide is a community based on our program called Google Local guide, We are volunteers to help improve Google Maps.”

One of the attendees asked, “Do you have a proper acknowledgement in Indonesia?”

I replied carefully

“Our main headquarters is Google, in San Fransisco, for now we don’t have the acknowledgement in Indonesia. We are the community directly connect to Google in  San Fransisco.”

Then he said,

“You work for Google? Cool!”

I smile in silence, I let him assume that.

The one thing I truly believe, even that I work as a volunteer, I work for Google, or course with no Pay Day!  LOL

You can see the video, Oh the event was superb!

I wanted to meet other Local Guide from different country. I was doing the best I could be, be a good friend, gave him a warm welcome from Indonesia Local Guide.

Turn out, I got the chance to attend International Event. What a day!

Alhamdulilah, and Thank You Limon, for gave me wonderful experience. I hope I could meet you again. Other Connect member, whatever country you are from, If any chance you stop by in Jakarta, just say Hi to me and I will try to meet you along with my fellows from Jakarta Local guide.

See You then!

Jakarta, Indonesia
16 comments
Level 8

Re: Meetup With LG from other Country - Mom as A Local Guide Series

@Ddimitra Wow nice meet up and wonderful experience. Meet great people and LG other country. 

You did it so well, your explanation is right. I am proud to hear.

Thank you for sharing with us.

Level 10

Terima kasih kak @Ddimitra , sungguh pengalaman yang sangat menyenangkan .. 

Level 10
Level 10

Awesome @Ddimitra and @RahmatHarmanP , I think that's amazing experience because you got good chance to meet amazing people in government. 

Maybe it will be good beginning to Jakarta local guides to make closer with local government. Maybe next Meet Up Nusantara 3 or 4 Jakarta local guides get full supported by local government ,Aamiin .. 

Level 4

Hello LG Community. I'm Julius from Nairobi Kenya just rised to level 4 of Google Maps Local Guide today. I'd like to meet up with LGs from other countries. Please let's connect guys

Level 8

a very pleasant opportunity to meet you 

@MdAtikuzzamanLimon you're a humble person.i was at the Asian Games venue, and received news about this meet up in Jakarta Local Group chat ,  so I immediately prepared to join, even though it's was ashort meet up, but this is a good moment.Thank you. I will contact you later, our location is nearby from asian games venue.

Devi @Ddimitra  you're a wonder woman. Thank you for arrange this meetup and sharing the stories. 

hai @AgoesSantosa @Jee :))))

Level 10

Thanks a lot @Ddimitra for your support and guide to limon brother . invite you to come our country Bangladesh 🙂

Mahabub Hasan
Level 10

@AgoesSantosa wrote:

@Ddimitra Wow nice meet up and wonderful experience. Meet great people and LG other country. 

You did it so well, your explanation is right. I am proud to hear.

Thank you for sharing with us.

Thank You  @AgoesSantosa

For your support.  I always envy your creative mind. Thank you for let me took credit for your ideas.

Glad to have you as a friend

🙂

Level 10

@zeezee wrote:

Terima kasih kak @Ddimitra , sungguh pengalaman yang sangat menyenangkan .. 

Sama2 @zeezee cantik 

Muach2 

Kapan yah kita Meet Up

Level 8

@Ddimitra No problem, anytime. I am happy I can sharing the ideas. I always support on your way. That's the friends are for. Sound like a song. 😀 You are so inspiring too. 

Met Safhig Lontoh Semarang Local Guides at his event,Met Safhig Lontoh Semarang Local Guides at his event,

He said hi for you, he said you are Powerful Mom. Good luck and keep it up.