LaurelM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

Meet ups in Olympia, WA

Hello! I am interested in hosting a series of meet-ups in Olympia, WA.  The first I would like to do is a picture update meet-up in downtown.  Olympia is revitalizing the downtown area, and there are tons of new businesses that can use our help! Did I mention that there are many coffee shops, bars, chocolate shops, cafes, and two gelato shops to explore along the way?  There is even a farmer's market every Saturday from 10-3 pm. In April, it is Thurs-Sun from 10 pm-3 pm. In addition, there are tons of art galleries, a dock, and a lake.  If anyone within a two hour drive is interested, then I want some input on the time that would work for people. There are also amazing woods and other places to explore in the city.  Let the discussion begin! 

Olympia, WA, United States
7 comments
Level 2

Re: Meet ups in Olympia, WA

I'm in! Sounds fun! There are so many new businesses popping up in downtown Olympia. I'd love to join in!

[REDACTED] 

Level 3

Sweet! Do you want to have a theme to each meet-up?  We can also begin with picture walks until more people are interested. 

Former Google Contributor

Hi @CaronD

Thanks for your enthusiasm but I needed to redact your personal e-mail from the post. You might not know but we do not encourage Local Guides to share private information publicly on Connect in order to protect yours and other users' privacy and safety. If you wish to get in touch with other Local Guides, there is a private messaging system in place instead.

Please take a moment to review our community policy and check this useful tips on using this community before posting.

Many thanks!

* Due to the volume of private messages please note that I do not reply to them
Level 2

Ooh! Thanks! I didn't know that I shouldn't share my personal email that way. I'm new here. I'll try the PM way.

Thanks,

C. Damelio

@MariaBi wrote:

Hi @CaronD

Thanks for your enthusiasm but I needed to redact your personal e-mail from the post. You might not know but we do not encourage Local Guides to share private information publicly on Connect in order to protect yours and other users' privacy and safety. If you wish to get in touch with other Local Guides, there is a private messaging system in place instead.

Please take a moment to review our community policy and check this useful tips on using this community before posting.

Many thanks!

Level 5

I, too, would like to meet up. Good times are many with me, as I currently am not employed.

Level 7

@LaurelM wrote:

Hello! I am interested in hosting a series of meet-ups in Olympia, WA.  The first I would like to do is a picture update meet-up in downtown.  Olympia is revitalizing the downtown area, and there are tons of new businesses that can use our help! Did I mention that there are many coffee shops, bars, chocolate shops, cafes, and two gelato shops to explore along the way?  There is even a farmer's market every Saturday from 10-3 pm. In April, it is Thurs-Sun from 10 pm-3 pm. In addition, there are tons of art galleries, a dock, and a lake.  If anyone within a two hour drive is interested, then I want some input on the time that would work for people. There are also amazing woods and other places to explore in the city.  Let the discussion begin! 

So not really new to the area but kinda taking more interest in local guides.... Are there any groups formed or meetings planned??

Level 1

Hi Kris! 

I am interested in participating and helping new businesses in downtown Olympia. I’m generally available on Fridays between 10am - 4pm. I have a fairly flexible schedule on other days too. Sounds fun!

~ Caron