hectorsantillan04's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Meet-Up approval

Hey guys, I have friend who are local guides, they are aware that we are having a PhotoWalk on Saturday, however, it hasn't been approved yet, I want them to be able to officially join the meet-up... Please help.

This is a Meet-up https://maps.google.com/localguides/meetup/87045584f5bf4cd994c6459c0ad3c6d4  I'm trying to get approved, hope you can help:

Here is the translation of the description:

" Hello, I'm coordinating a meet-up for Santo Domingo's local guides. The meeting point will be the main statue of Columbus Park, Zona Colonial. From there we will  start the PhotoWalk around most important buildings in the area. You are more than free to suggest routes or list of places to see. Also, if you have another friend interested you can share the link of this meet-up. Despite this is a PhotoWalk, we can finish the route by having a drink or stop and eat something.

Thank you for your interest! "

19 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Meet-Up approval

Hello @hectorsantillan04,

I located your Meet-up and I do find that it is approved. It can be accessed here.

As an FYI, to help cut down on any short notice in planning a Local Guides Meet-up, we ask that any Meet-ups submitted are given at least a 2 week window prior to the planned date. This helps us to give us time to review the Meet-up and also gives you a long enough window to promote your event!

This post here has a ton of advice for persons like yourself that are interested in planning Meet-ups. Best of luck to you!

I am not available to respond on the weekend

View solution in original post

Level 10

Hi @hectorsantillan04 Perhaps you could notify a moderator about this. @HelloJess should be able to help you out on this.

Regards

Level 8

Thank you... Meet-up is tomorrow.

I don't have answer yet. @HelloJess

Level 8

Level 8

Former Google Contributor
Solution

Hello @hectorsantillan04,

I located your Meet-up and I do find that it is approved. It can be accessed here.

As an FYI, to help cut down on any short notice in planning a Local Guides Meet-up, we ask that any Meet-ups submitted are given at least a 2 week window prior to the planned date. This helps us to give us time to review the Meet-up and also gives you a long enough window to promote your event!

This post here has a ton of advice for persons like yourself that are interested in planning Meet-ups. Best of luck to you!

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Level 8

Thank you!!

I will keep that in mind for next meet-up!

Looking forward to have a great day today 🙂

Connect Moderator

Sorry I didn't respond yesterday @hectorsantillan04 I was taking a day off from Connect. The Googlers can approve meetups but the volunteer Moderators like me cannot. I do second Bruce's words because if your Meetup appears only really briefly it's likely that less or even no-one will come. You need some time to get the page up and to promote the idea to encourage people to come along.

Regards Paul

Level 10

Hello @BruceDM,

I posted a meet-up request this week. 

From your reply, i understand that it was too late regarding the date of submission and the meet-up date. 

https://maps.google.com/localguides/meetup/caf-rencontre-des-lg-douala

I will correct that next time.

Thank you for your advice.

Nkwetche from #Douala #LetsGuide #Wakawaka #Cameroun
https://www.instagram.com/nkwetche/?hl=fr
Connect Moderator

Hello @BruceDM

@PaulPavlinovich

Please can you check, why my Meetup has not been approved? I have done a lot already and always wrote a recap...

I really would be happy to organize the next here in Germany 

@LudwigGermany

C6B373E7-92CB-4706-83CB-7C5FBA21E799.jpeg

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r