Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

[CANCELLED] Map Edit Walk V2: Sydney

Steam Mill Lane [RSVP Here]

Steam Mill Lane, Haymarket NSW 2000, Australia

July 29, 2018 @ 13:30 (AEST)

In an initiative spearheaded by Local Guide @HelloSamsonR, this year marks the second year of the Worldwide Map Edit Walk, dubbed V2. For the purpose of improving the rapidly changing information in our communities and making it an invaluable daily tool to rely on, this walk encourages local guides to come together to find gaps in information as well as share a little bit of competitive, community spirit.

This year, our theme for the map edit walk is 'Uncovering the Missing Information'. Ever notice how a store seems to be misplaced in a building? Or that there's no website or email on the listing? Or the address is wrong? Local Guides have the power and will to make every place we walk as accurate as it can be on Google Maps for everyone's convenience. Our walk will start at Steam Mill Lane, Darling Quarter's brand new dining and retail precinct.

There are plenty of businesses and listings waiting for you to contribute with value and unearth some information. Can you dig it?

Steam Mill Lane, Haymarket NSW 2000, Australia
9 comments
Level 10

Re: Map Edit Walk V2: Sydney

Best of luck @Briggs 

| Volunteers don’t get paid, not because they’re worthless, but because they’re priceless

Level 9

Finally it got accepted. Congratulations and best wishes for a successful meetup.

Looking forward for recap post.

@Briggs

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 10

Awesome @Briggs Thank you for joining in once again. Looking forward to your meet-up event. I will add this to the list of meet-ups now. 

Level 10

Hello @Briggs

Thank you for organizing this Google Maps Local Guides Connect World Wide Maps Edit Walk in Sydney, Australia. 

Best Wishes

@Justine2807

Level 8

I'm located here in Melbourne Victoria Australia and I will be attending the meet up to update as much as we can on Google Maps for my local maps here in Melbourne. 

Great initiative, and I'm certainly looking forward to some great fun updating my Local Maps!

Kind regards, and all the Best from Richard (aka. Jordmate)

Cheers
Richard
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, I cannot proceed with this Meetup. Please continue...

Sorry, I cannot proceed with this Meetup. Please continue to participate independently with the Worldwide Map Edit Walk V2.
Level 10

Hi @Jordmate

Thanks Richard for always being such a fun, kind active Google Maps Local Guides Connect Member.

It is super to know that you and everyone in Melbourne are always interested and give such excellent contributions. 

Shine on Melbourne Google Maps Local Guides Connect living legends! 

Cheers

@Justine2807

Level 10

Re: [CANCELLED] Map Edit Walk V2: Sydney

Hi @Briggs and everyone in Sydney Google Maps Local Guides Connect World Wide Map Edit Walk V2

So sorry the event is Cancelled by Briggs. I hope all is OK and am sorry to hear that Briggs cannot make it. 

I am still going to attend this event. So if anyone else from Sydney Google Maps Local Guides Connect members wants to meet at the earth statute at the original Meetup location at 1.30pm We will continue with the event in an unofficial capacity. 

So the GM LGC W W MEW V2 in Sydney Australia will still be on. And everyone is welcome. 

Looking forward to see you all there. 

Best wishes

@Justine2807

Level 10

Re: [CANCELLED] Map Edit Walk V2: Sydney

Stoked to hear you decided to host a meet-up @Briggs. We missed out this time, looking forward to the next one. Kudos and kindest regards from Osaka78 🙂