Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Map-A-Charity (MBHL)

Map-A-Charity (MBHL)

Motherless Babies Home

Lekki Phase I, Lagos, Nigeria

August 11, 2018 @ 10:00 (WAT)

The Map-A-Charity meet-up is aimed at drawing attention to various charitable organisations in Lagos/Nigeria and helping their causes by ensuring that they are properly detailed on Google Maps. This is so that anyone wishing to support them finds all the details they need on Maps. It is hoped that it will become a regular meet-up and spread across the country. This meet-up will be held at Motherless Babies Home, Lekki (MBHL), a State government transit home that caters to about 70 children. The home is meant to cater to children of between the ages 0-6 years of age, but have got older children as they wait to find other homes, including adoptive families within which they can place these kids. The home needs support in all sorts of forms (contributions towards the salaries of its employees, contributions towards the acquisition of a bus and car, food items, clothes, diapers, rechargeable lamps, television, ceiling fans, etc) but these have to come through on a constant basis. It has been made clear that they have a strict "Safeguarding & Child Protection Policy" in place, thus we cannot take pictures with the kids and post them publicly. However, if you are planning on supporting the home in any way, you might want to consider signing the policy during the visit. Do ensure you come with fully charged phones, battery banks, items you wish to donate to the home. But more importantly, come with an open heart to show love to the residents of the home.

RSVP here

4 comments
Level 10

Re: Map-A-Charity (MBHL)

@Sayo This is very innovative. Well done bro.

Level 8

I really loved the idea. Hope that something will be great. 

best wishes.. ^_^ 

Level 8

Many thanks @anazizullah

Level 5

This is a really absolute brilliant idea I really recommend everyone supporting this charity WELL DONE keep it up.

@Sayo wrote:
Map-A-Charity (MBHL)

Motherless Babies Home

August 11, 2018 @ 10:00 (WAT)

The Map-A-Charity meet-up is aimed at drawing attention to various charitable organisations in Lagos/Nigeria and helping their causes by ensuring that they are properly detailed on Google Maps. This is so that anyone wishing to support them finds all the details they need on Maps. It is hoped that it will become a regular meet-up and spread across the country. This meet-up will be held at Motherless Babies Home, Lekki (MBHL), a State government transit home that caters to about 70 children. The home is meant to cater to children of between the ages 0-6 years of age, but have got older children as they wait to find other homes, including adoptive families within which they can place these kids. The home needs support in all sorts of forms (contributions towards the salaries of its employees, contributions towards the acquisition of a bus and car, food items, clothes, diapers, rechargeable lamps, television, ceiling fans, etc) but these have to come through on a constant basis. It has been made clear that they have a strict "Safeguarding & Child Protection Policy" in place, thus we cannot take pictures with the kids and post them publicly. However, if you are planning on supporting the home in any way, you might want to consider signing the policy during the visit. Do ensure you come with fully charged phones, battery banks, items you wish to donate to the home. But more importantly, come with an open heart to show love to the residents of the home.

RSVP here