Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Manchester LG: April Photowalk

Manchester LG: April Photowalk

The Dockyard Spinningfields

B3/4, Left Bank, Irwell St, Manchester M3 3AN, UK

April 08, 2018 @ 14:15 (BST)

Manchester Local Guides is proud to announce our first photowalk for the year! Following our successful food meetup in January and train trip to Ramsbottom in February, we are doing a photowalk in the lovely and beautiful Salford Quays area! Hopefully the April weather will be warm enough but failing that, you do have our lovely company!! ;-) We are starting off in Spinningfields (meet outside The Dockyard, near the footbridge across River Irvell), and taking the water taxi to MediaCity in Salford Quays. The 30 minutes journey should prove an exciting experience and we've been promised many fantastic opportunities to take awesome photos enroute. At MediaCity, we will have a route that take us pass the Imperial War Museum and around the quays. Again, if you've been in the area, you'll know there are some super buildings to capture! And as with past photowalks, we'll be doing a competition with a small gift for best capture of the day! So, take your time and compose! We'll take a break later in the day to start the voting process and announce the winner soon after. Following that, we'll be taking the tram back into town and if there's enough interest, we'll be stopping for an evening meal! We do after all have to scratch that "review" itch!! Places are very limited due to max people on the water taxi so please confirm in advance as it needs booking! £4 for water taxi (discounted by the owner!) £3 for tram (MediaCity to St Peter's Sq) Meals and drinks at your own expense

RSVP here

#EuroMeetup2024 - Join us in Manchester, UK from June 6th to 9th 2024
      Go Loco Guides - The unofficial YouTube channel for Local Guides! Check us out and subscribe
      Connect Writing Challenge - Simple strategies to write engaging posts on Connect
      How to Write Reviews - Easy to remember tips on writing structured reviews
B3/4, Left Bank, Irwell St, Manchester M3 3AN, UK
5 comments
Level 9

Re: Manchester LG: April Photowalk

@AdrianLunsong thanks for being the organizer this time!  

Cant wait! 

Really looking forward to the taxi ride. should be amazing.

Manchester UK Local Guides: https://goo.gl/tBYxXm (Come Join us!)
Level 5

Would have loved to join this session but I'm in London on that date.

Gutted please hold a another one in the near future!!

Connect Moderator

Will do! We try to do an event a month and it varies from photo walks to meal outs etc. We also have a WhatsApp group that we use to keep everyone in the loop with future plans so let me know if you want in.

Go Loco Guides - The unofficial YouTube channel for Local Guides! Check us out and subscribe
      Connect Writing Challenge - Simple strategies to write engaging posts on Connect
Level 5

That would be fantastic ! I would love to be in the Whatsapp group! How do I proceed ? 

Connect Moderator

Email me; my full name as you see here at gmail.com. Once we've made contact there we can share numbers so that I can add you into the WhatsApp group. 😎