Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Lovely Listowel Photo Walk

Lovely Listowel Photo Walk

Listowel Castle

25 The Square, Islandmacloughry, Listowel, Co. Kerry, Ireland

July 22, 2017 @ 11:00 (IST)

We'll meet in the grounds of Listowel Castle, where we'll make introductions and break the ice. We'll take some shots of the Castle, inside and out, before taking the scenic River Walk beside the meandering River Feale, under the beautiful stone bridge and through the picturesque Childer's Park. From there we'll wander through the town, taking in the colourful heritage buildings, adorned with their window boxes and hanging baskets and the historic stuccoworks by artist Pat McAuliffe, dating back to the 1900's.  Along the way we will be looking for details that need updating and adding photos as part of @HelloSamsonR's World Wide Map Edit Walk.

There will be tips on how to take an awesome photo for Google Maps, and all you need is a device that can take pictures- from a big fancy camera to the humblest of smart phones. The main thing is we get some awesome shots of this scenic area and have a great time. If we're all getting along well (which I'm sure we will) we will have the option of having tea and coffee at the end of the walk to chat and compare shots, techniques and just unwind, but apart from that the experience will be free to all.

RSVP here

Listowel Castle, The Square, Listowel, Ireland
9 comments
Level 5

Re: Lovely Listowel Photo Walk

All we need is another day like this!All we need is another day like this!

Really looking forward to a having a fun morning touring Listowel, adding details to Google Maps and meeting some other Local Guides!

Level 10

Excellent @Japandamo It's time to spread the word, we will help spread as well 😊😊

Level 10

@Japandamo Well done for the efforts, if you need anything, please do let us know in the hangouts 🙂

Best Regards 

Level 10

Amazing Lovely Listowel Photo Walk @Japandamo, i hope your meet up runs as good as before

Regards from your LG Brother from Indonesia, thank you

Level 8

best of luck with your event , it's a bit far for me to get to on Saturday 

Level 5

Hey hey!

Thanks @PaDeSSo for the well wishes!  We might see you the next time!

I see we have 3 attendees on Local Guides connect!  This is great!  Looking forward to meeting you guys.  The weather is supposed to pick up for tomorrow.

If you are free a little bit earlier, a photographer from the Kerryman Newspaper will be around at 10:30 for a photograph (he has to be somewhere else for 11) so if you'd like to get your face in the paper we'll be delighted to see you there!  But if not, the planned time will be perfect.

I'm excited.  Are you excited.

Level 5

Oops, thanks to @GerryW too! 

Level 5

IMG_20170722_125021-01.jpeg

We had a great day at the Lovely Listowel Photo Walk! Thanks very much for coming everyone.

Level 10

Dear Lovely Listowel and Ireland Local Guides, hope all's well. Next global meet up is on: 🌐 World Wide Geo Walk - Discover hidden gems in your city 💎💎💎 Hope you can join in the fun. Kind regards from Osaka78