DanielDoherty's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

London Halloween Meet Up?

Hi London Local Guides (& any other guides willing to travel to Putney),

I'm organising a Halloween event on Saturday 29th October for the Putney Social Group that I run, to help people make friends locally where I live. It's a very unusual venue… Literally underneath Putney Bridge and behind a very historic Church (Oliver Cromwell over threw the Monarchy there!), just Google "Putney Debates".

Wondering would any Local Guides like to come along, maybe meet for a tea/coffee before at 6.30pm and have a tour of the Church?

St Marys Church by Putney Bridge, the scene of the "Putney Debates"St Marys Church by Putney Bridge, the scene of the "Putney Debates"

Then maybe stick around for a Halloween party afterwards?

Full Details...

You are cordially invited to a very special Halloween Social, on Saturday the 29th October 2016 in an unusual location. Fancy dress is encouraged but not compulsory.

You can literally dance under Putney Bridge...You can literally dance under Putney Bridge...

Join PutneyDan and the other Putney Social Group members looking to make friends (in between screams of fear) at this very unusual venue… a secret tunnel under Putney Bridge with resident d.j.’s in attendance. Enjoy a private party on the lawn behind this historic church with a stunning view overlooking the thames.

Church by nigh.jpg

My aim is for people to make friends and have a fun night. We really hope you can attend as we have some surprises planned for you! This is one of those scary parties your parents warned you about…

The view from the grass behind the churchThe view from the grass behind the church

A small things, but toilets have been arranged and stewards hired to help clear up at the end, but all help accepted!

Dancing is encouraged, talking is obligatoryDancing is encouraged, talking is obligatory

Cheers,

@DanielDoherty
Learn what makes me tick and why I love local www.Bit.ly/PutneyDan
St Marys Church, Putney High Street, London, United Kingdom
16 comments
Level 7

Re: London Halloween Meet Up?

Hello!

Great initiative. Unfortunatelly I won't be in the country, but I've seen the venue, and wanted to check it out!

Cheers

Rafa

Level 8

@DanielDoherty, thanks for the mention! It sounds really interesting and fun! At the moment, my schedule is a little fluid, so I cannot commit, but will let you know closer to time.

Level 9

Thanks for letting me know - not sure how I'm fixed, but sounds great!

Level 8

Hello, thanks for the replies. It's an open offer so if anyone can make it closer to the time please do get in touch, would love to meet a few of you 🙂

Cheers,

@DanielDoherty
Level 8

What a super idea, and how generous of you! Down here in Lewes, my wife and I are already committed for that night, but we wish you the most enjoyable of evenings.

Level 8

Oh wow, I'll be around London during this time.  Let me see if I can re-arrange my schedule and I'll direct message you.  Looks amazing and so much fun, I am super excited 🙂

Regards,

Robby

Robby Sayles
Level 8

Hi Robby,

Be great if you can make it 🙂 

All the best Daniel

Cheers,

@DanielDoherty
Former Google Contributor

That's where I live! Go Putney 🙂

Great initiative @DanielDoherty 🙂

Local Guides Community Program Manager
Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.
Level 8

Hello @DanielDoherty,

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it. I'm sad to miss the occasion: I'm sure those who are able to attend will have a great time!