Julien44's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

#LocalGuidesCleanTheWorld - Saint Nazaire France

Hi guys,

Today has been a busy day cleaning the world.

There was a beach cleaning party here in Saint Nazaire France. The exact place is la grande plage. This is for the map @DavidTito!

When we arrived, we thought, it was very clean and there will be no rubbish to collect !

20180408_130157 (2).jpg

20180408_130420 (2).jpg

As soon as we put our feet in the sand, we started to find some rubbish such as LEGO for kids, plastic bag, lot of plastic bits, cans of beer (Thanks for the logo @Anonymous).

20180408_134723 (2).jpg

20180408_141307 (2).jpg

20180408_141403 (2).jpg

20180408_145253 (2).jpg

20180408_151339 (2).jpg

20180408_142121 (2).jpg

All together, 20 kg of rubbish has been collected and it was mainly plastic.

20180408_155201 (2).jpg

What amazed me, is that we found rubbish from other countries such as cream top from Spain (special thought for you @AlejandraMaria ;-)), bottle caps and so on... On the cream top, there is a expiration date which is 09/2013. So it means it has been in the sea for almost 5 years. These rubbish are traveling so long and they could have last for even longer....

20180408_145433 (2).jpg

20180408_150725 (3).jpg 

@ErmesT, thanks for this beautiful project #localguidescleantheworld. I am so pleased giving back a bit to mother nature!

It has also given me a new opportunity to carry on guiding my kids on how to be better eco-citizens. My first son (12y), didn't want to go and at the end of the day, he has done it ;-). He is almost happy of having done it. The 2nd one (8y) was so happy doing it. He has already asked us when can we do it again !

Next step, will be a meet up with the school manager to see how we can carry on the project together.

I am looking forward to see other #LocalGuidesCleanTheWorld !

See you around

Jul

14 comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: #LocalGuidesCleanTheWorld - Saint Nazaire France

@Julien44 That's very thoughtful of you well done.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

WOW!!!

This seems like TOP story @Julien44 ☺️!!! Job u have done is for every respect, and the way you did is spectacular. I am sure that kids have enjoyed.

Are u the one that organized all of this? I remember u said on Hangouts that u don't like to be first at doing something, I consider that so honest, but this says different ☺️☺️☺️!!!

Love the logo, u made it really nice ☺️☺️

Connect Moderator

Great job @Julien44

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 9

Amazing, @Julien44:

I like it too much the way you did it 😃 😄

It was very interesting the clue you followed with the Spanish dessert. The expiration date was in 2013, so probably has been long time travelling in the sea and its surprising how perfect state the plastic has. A proof that it very contaminating.

It´s great to see children participating too.

And you didn´t forget our new logo 😉

Congratulations to you and to all the participants 👏👏👏👏

Good Afternoon from the South of Spain,

Alejandra.

Connect Moderator

Congratulations @Julien44, this is great.

Was it an "official Meet-up"?

Yes, I agree with you, is is umbelievable that you have found a Cream Top, more than five years old, probably traveling in the ocean for five years.

I have linked your post in Mymaps. Do you also have an album to share?

I simply love your post

Ermes

Level 8

@Julien44 wow I have your target acquired certainly, I can these photos below to the Maps and if you decide to create a Google Photo album I can add that as well at any time just provide me links and tag me thanks @Julien44 and I have added an animation in there for you as well.

@ErmesT nicely 

Level 10

Hi guys,

Thanks for your words @Anonymous, @Anonymous, @NareshDarji@AlejandraMaria@ErmesT

This beach cleaning party was organised by estuairezvous and not by myself. When I heard about it, I just organised for me and few other participants.

Lucky me, I have meet some people involved in the association estuairezvous. I have learnt a lot from them. For example, it is not allowed to do this kind of meet up without informing the local authorities. I have told them about our project and they told me to get in touch with the association. May be we will do actions together and they might share some documentations with me.

I will let you know how it goes!

See you around

Jul 

Connect Moderator

Thanks for the information, @Julien44

In fact, I think that a preliminary contact with some local association can help. I need many places they are already running this kind of important activities. What we can offer them in exchange is the idea of being in a global, worldwide network. It is a win-win process, that we should implement

Ermes

Level 10