Lessur_James's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Local guides meet up/exchange tips

Local guide meet up, aiming towards September/October in Buffalo, Western New York, 716 

Buffalo, New York, United States
2 comments
Level 10

Re: Local guides meet up/exchange tips

Hi @Lessur_James a warm and pleasant welcome to Local Guides Connect. I see you are new here so I want to give you some few tips on how to use this forum. Like now this section of the site has some good tips on how to use the community and interact with your fellow Local Guides: About Local Guides- Become A Local Guide

Search the community before posting as others may have asked your question (and received an answer) already. Using The Forum 

Use a descriptive title for your post to make it easier for people to know whether they should open it. 

Share a story with your photo(s) - tell your fellow Local Guides something about the location's history, why you like it,  a few details on what is in the pictures, etc. 

Use the Location field to geotag your post to a specific place, but make sure it's important to the content of the post. Tip How To Use The Location Field 

Don't share personal information on the forums, check out the private messaging option instead. Tip Sending a Private Message 

This area has helpful information about the Local Guides program in case you have more questions. How Do I ?

To find Local Guides near you or organize a Meet-up, this board helps you: Let's Meet Up 

And also you can Introduce yourself in our monthly official Introduction Thread: Introduce Yourself August

I will be looking forward to hearing from you again at the soonest.

Kind Regards

Level 7

Re: Local guides meet up/exchange tips

@Lessur_James

I thought it might be fun to start a training group for the Buffalo Marathon. I've created a map and we could update it with photos and interesting places we come upon along the way. 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1h57gbxYFhKOKWPtSST12NbDHqAsiZqIe&usp=sharing

Know anybody that might be interested? Maybe short to start, or even jog, walk and work around scheduling a good time?

Here's a training schedule I found for a few weeks:

2018+Buffalo+Marathon+Training+Program+-+ADVANCED_2.jpeg2018+Buffalo+Marathon+Training+Program+-+ADVANCED_3.jpeg2018+Buffalo+Marathon+Training+Program+-+ADVANCED_4.jpeg

• TIme and place to meet?
  • Frequency?
  • Pace
  • Weather permitting

Looking forward to hearing your input!

-Tim from Buffalo