SalmaanN's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Local guides knowledge sharing session in Vellore

Planning to conduct a knowledge sharing session in Vellore by Vellore Local Guides on 29th March 2017 (Wednesday) between 4.00PM to 6.00PM at Al Falah School, Pernambut.. This session is planned to make local guides and people aware about how to contribute to Google Maps and its benefits.. The educational presentation is received by me after becoming Google unofficial supported community.. Planning to take presentation in English as well as in Tamil Language.. Local guides and people in Vellore and nearby places can join in this knowledge sharing session.. This session is going to conduct by unofficial community of Google by Vellore Local Guides and not from official Google Local Guides.. 

Any suggestions from @TraciC, @JeslynL for making this session successful is gladly welcomed..

Thank you..

Vellore Local Guides
Vellore, Tamil Nadu, India
19 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Local guides knowledge sharing session in Vellore

This sounds fantastic, @SalmaanN! As noted in the educational presentation, feel free to translate the slides into your local language. If it is manageable, the group could even go map editing or go on a geo walk together to try out the various ways of contributing to Maps. 🙂

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

View solution in original post

Former Google Contributor
Solution

This sounds fantastic, @SalmaanN! As noted in the educational presentation, feel free to translate the slides into your local language. If it is manageable, the group could even go map editing or go on a geo walk together to try out the various ways of contributing to Maps. 🙂

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 8

Hi @JeslynL..

Thanks for your kind suggestions to make the session successful. I would sure try my best in clearing doubts to Local Guides and will post recap about the session later on.

Vellore Local Guides
Googler

Hi @SalmaanN@MahabubMunna and @IlankovanT have hosted Hangouts similar to this and may be able to offer tips, too. 🙂

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 8

Hi @TraciC.. Thanks for your direction.. I will now ask for suggestions from @MahabubMunna , @IlankovanT..

Vellore Local Guides
Level 10

@TraciC thanks a lot for tag me there . @SalmaanN brother  i knock you 1 or 2nd April . because till now me in South asisa meetup , and darjeeling city internet not much good . knock you soon  

Mahabub Hasan
Level 8

Hi @MahabubMunna brother..

I believe that your south asia meet up is going amazing.. Wish you good luck.. You can later guide me about conducting knowledge sharing session.. 

Vellore Local Guides
Level 8

@SalmaanN

Thanks for Sharin

Looks like a great Meetup Up for You

Have a great time with your fellow Local Guides from Your Community

Level 9

@SalmaanN Sounds great. How far is Christian Medical college from your place? I heard this college is one of the best medical colleges in India like AIIMS and I have plan to attend a seminar there in August. 

Local Hero: Mapping Calcutta’s Hospitals | Instagram | Facebook| Twitter | YouTube | LGSummit16, LGSummit17, SVT18 alumnus
Level 9

Thanks @TraciC for mentioning me!

Glad to see you hosting a knowledge sharing session. I'd prefer to have many props in local languages (Tamil) during your knowledge sharing session as the majority is going to be Tamil speaking people in Vellore. People grab the information better when presented in local languages. 
I have conducted some similar knowledge sharing sessions targeting University student and some other local students.

As you are gathering a lot of people to one spot, I would recommend you to give an elaborated explanation about Local Guides Program and its benefits. Primarily you may teach the people how to add / edit / upload photographs on Google Maps. Also, you may educate people on how to use the "Check the facts" & "Uncover missing info" tabs (under the under 'your contribution' on Google Maps mobile app) and teach them with some local examples. I mostly do hands-on training with mobile devices so that the information shared will be more precise to the audience. 
Further to the above, I host monthly hangouts within our unofficial community. During these sessions, we get new faces frequently. Therefore, we often get a chance to teach someone new.