titus_ah's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Local Guides from Romania, Unite!

Hey there, local guides from Romania!

I'll begin by presenting myself - I'm Titus, i'm from Bucharest, Romania and I've been a local guide for quite a few years. Although I've been editing maps, reviewing pretty much every place i step into and uploading almost all the photos i take to maps, seems like somehow i missed out on the Connect experience until now.

Anyway, browsing through the discussions, it seems that there are almost 0 relevant posts related to guides in Romania, although I'm sure there are loads of us around here.

So here's what i'm suggesting - let's gather a nice group in this thread and organize the first ever local guides meet-up in Romania! I'll take care of organizing everything, you guys (and galls) just shout if you're interested!

See ya!

Bucharest, Romania
8 comments
Level 6

Re: Local Guides from Romania, Unite!

Salut Titus! Și eu sunt interesat de ceva asemănator. Aștept cu drag sa ne strangem cat mai multi.

Level 7

Salut... Ce sa zic... Mai bine doi decat unul... :))
De ceva timp tot caut un meet-up in RO si n-am gasit nimic. 
Ai idee cum am putea strange mai mult oameni?

Level 4

Salutare! Ma alatur si eu 🙂 Sunt Costin, locuiesc in Bucuresti si sunt fascinat de cat de multe informatii ofera Google Maps, motiv pentru care contribui (de vreo 2 ani) cu recenzii, poze si detalii.

Nu gasesc prea inchegata comunitatea din Romania, dar impreuna putem reusi asta.

Mai bine mai tarziu decat niciodata!

Level 7

Hi Titus, I am born in Romania an living abroad now. Very interested in you idea and pls. count on me to participate. Give me more details. 

, Regards @Jonswe

Be nice to people while they are alive!
Level 7

Hey guys,

I'm glad to see that there is some interest in this meet-up idea. 🙂
I'm sure we could gather a lot more people but i'm not really sure how... It seems that although there are many local guides in Romania, most of them do not use the localguidesconnect platform and are not aware of any meet-ups. 😞

Does anyone here have any experience in organizing meet-ups or knows what we could do to spread the word?

Any suggestions or ideas are appreciated!

Cheers,

Titus

Level 7

Hi Titus again, 

I was in a hurry when I replied to you earlier and besides made quite a lot of gramatical errors and misspellings while writting to you. 

I joined LG Google Maps on April 20-th this year and I reached Level 6.

I am not so happy with my results because I had lots more of stuff to contribute. Lack of time is maybe the reason for it but I am convinced that all the members of this Community nity are doing a tremendous great jobb. I would like to co-operate with you and other romanian LG.Look at my activities on LG under my name https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/621431

Regards,

@Jonswe

Level 7

Hi Costin, I am new here and not knowing very much about thid stuff..

Born i  Romania but living abroad. Would gladly promote Romania as tourist destination but do not know how to do. I am 67 y. o. but maybe you youngsters know how to manage. Keep in touch. Rgds, @Jonswe

Level 8

Good idea @titus_ah

Get going and #Letsguide

Cheers