StephenAbraham's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Local Guides Meet Up (Malaysia + International) 18 July 2017 (Our photos)

A few local guides from a few countries met up in Central Market, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on the evening of 18th July 2017. We had @Shirni (Malaysia/Singapore), @JulienH (Singapore), @AkmalB (Pakistan), @PavelSarwar (Bangladesh) and @StephenAbraham (Malaysia). It was planned as a casual event for friends to meet up and get to know each other better. Eventually turned out to be a nice evening stroll, visiting some attractions and eating lots of food. (Apologies to @FaraG, for missing you on this event)

View our full photo album here https://photos.app.goo.gl/AgKq68fpggBm15Xs1

A few memorable photos appended below. @TraciC@JeslynL

International Local Guides Meet up: Stephen (Malaysia), Shirni (Malaysia), Pavel, (Bangladesh) Akmal, (Pakistan) Julien (Singapore)International Local Guides Meet up: Stephen (Malaysia), Shirni (Malaysia), Pavel, (Bangladesh) Akmal, (Pakistan) Julien (Singapore)We were having Air Mata Kucing (Cat's Eye Drink) .. #WhereIsPavel?We were having Air Mata Kucing (Cat's Eye Drink) .. #WhereIsPavel?We visited the famous Mariamman Hindu Temple in Kuala LumpurWe visited the famous Mariamman Hindu Temple in Kuala LumpurWe visited the famous Guan Di Chinese Temple in Kuala LumpurWe visited the famous Guan Di Chinese Temple in Kuala LumpurWe finally got to Chinatown market street (Petaling Street) #WhereIsPavelWe finally got to Chinatown market street (Petaling Street) #WhereIsPavelRoasted Chestnuts anyone?Roasted Chestnuts anyone?Local Guides in action.. starring ShirniLocal Guides in action.. starring ShirniWe were having lots of street food. Local Guides from all round in Kuala Lumpur.We were having lots of street food. Local Guides from all round in Kuala Lumpur.Julien: Look ma.. I also have one on me.. :-)Julien: Look ma.. I also have one on me.. 🙂Stephen doing the famous "Traci Jump"Stephen doing the famous "Traci Jump"

Petaling Street Market Jalan Petaling Kuala Lumpur Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
8 comments
Level 8

Re: Local Guides Meet Up (Malaysia + International) 18 July 2017 (Our photos)

Heartiest 💓 congratulations mate @StephenAbraham for successfully completing this wonderful meet up

Level 10

Thanks @StephenAbraham

I learnt a lot from you guys.

Thanks again for an amazing experience and knowledgeable meet up. 

Former Google Contributor

Ahhhh lok-lok!!! That's lok-lok, right? And that boomerang of @Shirni getting her lok-lok done... SLURPS. 

Looks like a very very nice get-together; happy to see @AkmalB and @PavelSarwar at a KL meet-up. Congrats on the wonderful turnout of your first meet-up, @StephenAbraham! And thanks for an indirect introduction of Central Market! The only places I've been around in Kuala Lumpur is KL Sentral and KL Live (LOL), and now I have a new place to visit!

@JulienH - Did you happen to be in KL then or did you travel up for the meet-up? Nice shirt you have there 😄

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 10

Thanks @JeslynL for your kind words. 

Level 10

@JeslynL I am in KL for work, so I reached out to these guys and we arranged a meetup to show me around!

The lok-lok was pretty fun to try. Authentic local style - eat on the street.

Akmal and Pavel are so familiar with KL!

Follow Instagram & Twitter @jhender. SG updates at #singaporelocalguides. YouTube Fun with Maps
Level 10

Nice foto and nice multi country meet up,

Congratulation

Level 8

@JeslynL Thank you so much.

@StephenAbraham Where is Pavel. ha ha ha

Proud to be a Local Guide.
Level 10

Dear Malaysia Local Guides, hope all's well.  KUALA LUMPUR GEO WALK is hosted by Akmal Bajwa as part of 🌐 World Wide Geo Walk - Discover hidden gems in your city. 💎💎💎Join in or host for your city and help spread the word. Kind regards from Osaka78