JamesH's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Local Guide Meet Up

Local guide meet up in Mesa AZ. Anyone interested. 

The Hogle Firm - Criminal Defense and DUI Attorneys, South Stapley Drive, Mesa, AZ, United States
11 comments
Level 3

Re: Local Guide Meet Up

Just saw this.  Could be persuaded 🙂

Level 7

Hey I just saw this as well. I have been a local guide for a while but I never signed up for this until today because I was wondering why I wasnt seeing any of my benifits. I would totally love to have a local guide meet up. So if any other guides are interested lets do it and meet up or maybe get something started and add new things to these maps. 

Level 7

I've been a long time Mesa resident and I could be persuaded to do a meet up. Looks like it would just be a small group lets come up with a time and place.  

Level 3

I'm in far east Mesa but work in northeast Tempe (8-5ish)

I am pretty much open.  Should pick somewhere without / with few bits of info and do what we did to get here 🙂

Level 7

I live in what used to be far east Mesa- Gilbert & McKellips area. I am open to any time during the week but I would sure like to wait until this heat dies down. Lets see if anyone else from this post feels adventuress.   

Level 3

Far East mesa is now the Signal Butte and Southern area 🙂

I work in Tempe in the typical 8-5 M-F life.  I'm not opposed to waiting until the heat is less killer, just not sure we want to wait until the winter population boost happens, either.

Let's see what others chime in, if any.  Wonder if there's a way to promote this?  There must be more local guides than the few of us in the thread.

Level 7

Just what is it we are supposed to do at these local guide meetups? Do we go to the local Applebee's for happy hour? 

Level 7

Well I got to answer my own question. Local guides help had all the answers, apparently it needs to approved and sanctioned or its a no go. Organize a meet-up

Being a Local Guide is not just about helping people online. It’s about getting out there and exploring the world around you. If there’s something you’re passionate about, share it with Local Guides.

Local Guides Level 3 and above are encouraged to organize their own meet-up events. Learn more about hosting a meet-up and check out our meet-up resources and ideas on Local Guides Connect.

Meet-up tips
Meet-up expenses

Google will not provide funding, collateral, or other types of incentives for these events. Meet-ups can be low cost or even free — simply grab your phone and explore your city on foot.

Local Guides Connect requirement

You must be signed up for Local Guides Connect in order to submit a meet-up. If your meet-up is approved, a post in Local Guides Connect will be automatically generated so that you can share updates with attendees.

Meet-up submission process

We will review your meet-up within one week, so we encourage you to submit your meet-up as early as possible. We will notify you when your meet-up has been approved or rejected. If approved, we will add it to the list of upcoming meet-ups. Note that we may edit your meet-up description before publishing. If rejected, we will let you know why and you will be able to submit a new meet-up for us to review.

Meet-up approvals

We approve meet-ups that involve bringing a community of Local Guides together. We reject meet-ups that are unrelated to Local Guides.

Make changes to your meet-up

For now you will not be able to make changes to your meet-up once it’s been submitted. We recommend posting any updates to the Local Guides Connect post that will be auto-generated after your meet-up has been approved.

Cancel your meet-up

You can cancel your meet-up by visiting your event page and clicking the “Cancel my meet-up” button.

Communicate with attendees

After your meet-up is approved, we will send you a link to an auto-generated post on Local Guides Connect where you and your meet-up attendees can get in touch.

Meet-up promotion

If approved, we will add it to the list of upcoming meet-ups. We may also feature select meet-ups on our social media channels (Google+, Facebook, Twitter) and in our newsletter. We also encourage you to promote your meet-up via your own social media channels and in your local community using #LocalGuides.

After your meet-up

After your meet-up, thank your attendees for joining. Create a Google Photos album and share it with attendees so they can add their own photos.

We’d love to hear about your meet-up. Share your recap with us.

Other event platforms

You may use other event platforms to create your meet-up, but we will only promote and share meet-ups that have been created on our meet-up platform.

Using the Local Guides logo

The Local Guides logo is a Google brand identity and is reserved for official use only. Do not use the Local Guides logo, pin, or any other Google imagery in your meet-up materials.

Meet-up ideas
Level 7

Yes, I just saw this too. I would be up for a meet up as well. I'm also in East Mesa 😊 Always wondered why there was never any meet ups around here. Looks like there would be a few of us at least. Keep me posted, if you all decide to do one .

@AZSauguaroSquatch wrote:

Just what is it we are supposed to do at these local guide meetups? Do we go to the local Applebee's for happy hour?