Roxypelagio333's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Let's meet up in Chicago

Hi, my name is Roxy, I'm 24 & I'm a local guide from Chicago. I love going out and exploring all that the city has to offer. I think it would be awesome to share that with other guides and make new friends 🙂 I was thinking it would be nice to have a day at a restaurant or a park or some cool place. I'm open to suggestions 🙂 

Chicago, IL, USA
34 comments
Level 6

Re: Let's meet up in Chicago

Hi Roxy! I am 21, working at Northwestern this summer, and new to the city. I would love to meet up, take some pictures, and review places sometime!

Level 8

I too am interested in a meetup. I do most of my local guiding in Skokie: https://goo.gl/maps/x4JUx1drSsD2

Level 5

Hi Chaya and Michael,

What types of places do ya'll like to go to? coffee shops,restaurants, the beach, the gym, etc..

Level 8

Hi Roxy and Michael,

I really hope we can make this happen!

I keep kosher,  so I tend to not review restaurants. 

My passion are reviewing things for kids like parks and playgrounds, but I'm happy to try some new things. I've never thought to review a gym! Other than food, I'm flexible, I'd love to tour Chicagoland from a Local Guide's perspective.

@Roxypelagio333 what do you like to review?

Level 8

@TodorKrecu @Roxypelagio333 @michaelmorandom @TedMall @Katgal17 @ytobi12 @itstime2fly @SgtJasonDelaRosa @GinaR @LisetteR 

Hi Everyone!

I have tagged each of you because we have all expressed interest on different posts to meet up in the Chicago area. I am trying to bring the conversation into one post so we can make this happen! 

I hope you are still interested and we can do this before winter arrives in Chicago. 

Please share your suggestions and what time/neighborhood/etc does/n't works for you. 

If any of you have arranged a meet up previously, please let me know if you would be willing to help get the ball rolling on this one.

@TodorKrecu, You have said you are the moderator of Chicago Local Guides. Can you help me arrange this? 

Thank you all for reading this and I look forward to meeting you soon!

Chaya

Level 10

@ChayaM

@TodorKrecu @Roxypelagio333 @michaelmorandom @Tedmall @Katgal17 @ytobi12 @itstime2fly @SgtJasonDelaRosa @GinaR @LisetteR 

Hi Everyone

So there are at least eleven of us in this region that we know about. If we get together and five or six show up, that will be a successful beginning. If each brought plus one then we could be close to a dozen. Once we beging begin to see the benefit and build friendships, the group is bound to grow. In the beginning, it is difficult to fully know and appreciate each person's interests and passions but in time it can work out. @ChayaM, please know we can all respect your preferences even if we meet or review places that serve food, as well. Perhaps you could suggest a place in or near Skokie which is easy to reach for most of us.

tedmall
Level 7

Sounds awesome.  I'd love to meet up.  I'm in south Evanston and best for me to meet in city of Chicago or someone on the northshore.  I work from home but could sometimes do a morning meet up or an evening when I don't have my kids 🙂

Level 7

I can pretty much do any part of the city. I'm usually free on weekends

Level 8

@Roxypelagio333, @Roxypelagio333 and among others  for the Love of Chicago 

I think one of you should think out of the box and create the unique Meet up and after the advertising takes place 

Am in Uganda  but I love Chicago and any update from the meet up in  Chicago will make my day

Wishing you all the best 

kaliroalex