PaulPavlinovich's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: Let's Meet-Up isn't a dating/casual sex service

@JohnnyE is the spam getting past the filters or is it in the spam moderation queue? If the former, make sure you edit your community preferences and turn on stronger content filtering.

Regards Paul

Connect Moderator

That is part of the issue @Anonymous imagine how scary it could be for a person when they start to receive the concentrated attention from someone overseas who hassles them on their socials, hangouts, and if they can get the details even by phone and text messages not to mention the decidedly sad boy practice of sending people pics of their bits. I've seen it first hand, on g+ I created a female persona along with my normal account so I could understand the issue to support my friends and work within the Google EA program to help eradicate the practice  - I was astonished at the kinds of approaches that target that account. The account isn't even particularly active yet they still find it by searching.

Regards Paul

Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand @PaulPavlinovich, I know what about you are talking... But on other hand you must understand (New generations - New age - New rules).

Younger people use online platforms completely different then we. They are grow by using internet platforms for chat and talking... They have online life...

But still this topic u started is slightly different from that...

We have rules for each platform, if someone do not follow those rules...well many people do not follow rules and nothing... Spam photo, fake reviews, double accounts, advertising...etc. 

Also, we All coming from different places and sometimes by being just polite to someone can be interpreted wrongly... But ok there is bad people with bad intentions. Private profiles can be locked, all people must learn how to protect themselves on internet, that's all.

Connect Moderator

Yes absolutely @Anonymous general changes introduce interesting new thoughts and ideas. I work in a youth movement as a volunteer and am around people much younger than me regularly. I see the changes coming. The next generation is a capable and determined bunch. They deserve the world :).

I also agree that a person from one culture can say something that a person from another culture will find disturbing, offensive or even insulting. The world is a challenging place.

That's why we have rules :).

Regards Paul

Anonymous
Not applicable

If I may @PaulPavlinovich...

Rules, almost all successful people did not follow rules because if they are, they would not become successful... ☺

If some man follow rules about talking to women, she will chose some other man... ☺

Etc... 😁

Level 9

@PaulPavlinovich wrote:

@JohnnyE is the spam getting past the filters or is it in the spam moderation queue? If the former, make sure you edit your community preferences and turn on stronger content filtering.

Regards Paul

@PaulPavlinovich it's turned on from the very beginning. It was much worse at the end of the last year. It was like spam war, but now filters are stronger and rarely some spam post goes through. However Hold for Review is turned on and that's huge help even though we have to check it several times per day to approve appropriate posts and it's time consuming. Known and trusted members are able to post directly to the community but all others are limited and their posts are held for review.

Connect Moderator

I'm sorry @Anonymous but that is not ok. You need to follow her rules, anything else is at the least harassment at worst abuse. Rape comes from someone who didn't follow the rule of "no". That may seem like an extreme view, but really it isn't. One action can destroy a life.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I did not mean on that... @PaulPavlinovich nevermind...

One better example, if u learn rules in photography and stick on using those rules apsolutly...u will never have great photos...

Connect Moderator

@Anonymous wrote:

I did not mean on that... @PaulPavlinovich nevermind...

One better example, if u learn rules in photography and stick on using those rules apsolutly...u will never have great photos...

Now that I can agree with @Anonymous 🙂 Know the photo rules so you can break them knowingly.

Level 8

Hhahahhaab,.