Briggs's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Issues trying to create Local Guides meet-up

I've been trying to create the Sydney Worldwide Map Edit Walk to occur on 7/29/2018 but for some reason I haven't had any luck.

Whenever I click the blue 'Submit Meet-Up' button, the orange loading circle turns for about seven or so seconds, but afterwards the blue 'Submit Meet-Up' button appears again with no confirmation or error message. This is on Chrome, and trying to do this on Safari also does the same thing.

Are there any present issues with hosting a meet-up at this moment? Below is the description, and all the fields are appropriately filled in.

In an initiative spearheaded by a Local Guide in Nigeria, this year marks the second year of the Worldwide Map Edit Walk, dubbed V2. For the purpose of improving the rapidly changing information in our communities and making it an invaluable daily tool to rely on, this walk encourages local guides to come together to find gaps in information as well as share a little bit of competitive, community spirit.

This year, our theme for the map edit walk is 'Uncovering the Missing Information'. Ever notice how a store seems to be misplaced in a building? Or that there's no website or email on the listing? Or the address is wrong? Local Guides have the power and will to make every place we walk as accurate as it can be on Google Maps for everyone's convenience.

Our walk will start at Steam Mill Lane, Darling Quarter's brand new dining and retail precinct. There are plenty of businesses and listings waiting for you to contribute with value and unearth some information. Can you dig it?

Join the conversation on social media and Local Guides Connect:
#LocalGuides #WWmapeditwalkV2

We'll see you soon!
Steam Mill Lane, Haymarket NSW, Australia
13 comments
Level 9

Re: Issues trying to create Local Guides meet-up

Hello @Briggs,

Last Tuesday I was also facing an issue in submitting a meet-up but after few hours I found it works fine. Have you tried again after that? I never used safari so just for making sure try submitting in incognito mode. 

Thank you. 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 10

@Briggs @deepakjhic @BishowvijayaP

I have been trying to create a meet up the entire day, even 5 minutes ago, still does not go through, after clicking the Submit button, nothing happens. 

So, I suppose this could be some backend issue.

Former Google Contributor

Hey @Briggs and @StephenAbraham,

I just managed to test this out on my end and did not experience any issues. Would you guys mind to try again?

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Level 10

I had tried all the possibilities like incognito, desktop mode, mobile mode but nothing happened and the problem existed. So I think its not a problem of browser. There may ne the error in system.

Level 10

@GeorgesHR I just tried 1 minute ago again.. still did not go through, ie, after filling in all the correct information... clicking Submit... then, it does not proceed.. still stays at the same page. nothing submitted.

Thanks @StephenAbraham,

We will check this and post back when we have more information.

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators

@Briggs and @StephenAbraham, can you please let us know that if you tried to submit a meet-up using desktop or mobile? Also - if possible - please share screenshots of before/after you click "Submit Meet-Up" button. Thank you!

Level 10

@Atsukot @GeorgesHR I am doing it from my Windows 10 desktop on Google Chrome browser latest version.

Attached a recorded video below. After filling in all information in the meet up request form, and click submit, it tries to submit (screen stays the same), and then nothing happens. It stays in the same screen, ie the Submit button is still there with all the information as I have entered. 

@Briggs @BishowvijayaP @deepakjhic

Thanks @StephenAbraham,

Good idea to make a video. We will investigate.