Ranjan_Kumar_Swain's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

International Day of Culture || Let’s spread the cultural diversity around us to the globe.

Ratha Yatra (/ˈrɑːtɑː/-/ˈjɑːtrɑː/), also referred to as RathayatraRathjatra or Chariot festival is any public procession in a chariot.[2][3] The term particularly refers to the annual Rathayatra in Odisha and Jharkhand, particularly the Odia festival [4] that involve a public procession with a chariot with deities Jagannath (Vishnu avatar), Balabhadra (his brother), Subhadra (his sister) and Sudarshana Chakra (his weapon) on a ratha, a wooden deula-shaped chariot. It attracts over a million Hindu pilgrims who join the procession each year Rathayatra processions have been historically common in Vishnu-related (Jagannath, Rama, Krishna) traditions in Hinduism across India,[6]in Shiva-related traditions,[7] saints and goddesses in Nepal,[8] with Tirthankaras in Jainism,[9] as well as tribal folk religions found in the eastern states of India.[10] Notable ratha yatras in India include the Ratha yatra of Puri, the Dhamrai Ratha Yatra and the Ratha Yatra of Mahesh. Hindu communities outside India, such as in Singapore, celebrate Rathayatra such as those associated with JagannathKrishnaShiva and Mariamman.[11] According to Knut Jacobsen, a Rathayatra has religious origins and meaning, but the events have a major community heritage, social sharing and cultural significance to the organizers and participants.Rath_Yatra.jpg

Bahuda_Jatra,_Nabakalebara_2015.jpg

Rath_Yatra_Puri_07-11027-1.jpg

Ranapur_Jagannath_Temple_6.JPG

FB_IMG_1521115322651-01.jpeg

Ranjan
Puri Jagannath Temple, AG Colony, Unit 4, Bhauma Nagar, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
10 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 5
Solution

Re: International Day of Culture || Let’s spread the cultural diversity around us to the globe.

Thanks for sharing @Ranjan_Kumar_Swain so I proud to be an Indian i love to our all cultural and festival

View solution in original post

Level 5
Solution

Re: International Day of Culture || Let’s spread the cultural diversity around us to the globe.

Thanks for sharing @Ranjan_Kumar_Swain so I proud to be an Indian i love to our all cultural and festival

Level 8

Thanks for sharing about the Rath Yatra in your country. I think you have copied the contents of  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ratha-Yatra#cite_note-7. So, I suggest you post the post in your own unique way including your own experiences. However, you can take reference from various sites and give a credit. 

Namaste, Niraj

Level 10

How beautiful @Ranjan_Kumar_Swain. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Also please provide a caption to the photos as far as possible so that we can know where the photos were taken. 🙂

A unique own title could be better. 😃

Level 9
Level 9

Regarding International Day of Culture Very Nice Pictures.

Level 9

Thanks @NirajBhusal@ brother reply me I myself wrote about Wikipedia Editors something, but I have a lot of time but the time gets a bit less

Ranjan
Level 9

Thanks brother

Ranjan
Level 9

@Dar@@Thank you s

Ranjan
Level 6

@Ranjan_Kumar_Swain Let's celebrate this beautiful culture. I am proud to be an Odia.

Level 9

@Snigdhasaurav thanks brother

Ranjan