Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

IRT 6 Line Scavenger Hunt

1 Centre St

1 Centre St, New York, NY 10007, USA

June 03, 2017 @ 12:30 (EDT)

Have you heard about the abandoned subway stations in Lower Manhattan? Let's go on the Interborough Rapid Transit Company's first subway line (now 6 line) scavenger hunt and have some fun! While we're at it, let's do an accessibility check at those stations that still exist. We can end up at the World Trade Center Oculus for an early dinner.

RSVP here

14 comments
Googler

Re: IRT 6 Line Scavenger Hunt

Hi @BeckyMotivates. Are we going to go into the train at Brooklyn Bridge — City Hall? If so, Google Maps says "No elevator service at the Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall Line 4,5,6 Station" so we're starting at an inaccessible station. I'm curious in the event others using wheelchairs or anyone with mobility needs wants to join us.

I'm otherwise excited that this event is part scavenger hunt, part fun and part accessibility-focused!

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 8

@TraciC I think we should start at the Chambers Street Station that has an accessible entrance on Centre Street & Chambers Street. I just wanted to start off by showing everyone the old subway signs and ceilings where this photo was taken and nearby the start address listed.

6116FD9C-14CA-4002-BAFA-6507BF035ACE.jpg

Googler

@BeckyMotivates Cool! I love that station. We ended at 1 Centre Street when I did the MTA's tour of Old City Hall Station and it's bea-u-ti-ful! 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 8

I'm so excited to see everyone on June 3rd! As we get closer, I'll remind everyone what the weather may require us to bring with us. Most of all, bring your adventure seeking and smiling selves as we explore history and accessibility in from Lower Manhattan to Midtown East on the 6 line! 

Level 8

Can't wait to see everyone tomorrow!

Level 4

I arrived early and I may be in the wrong spot, but I'm waiting at the spot in the picture.

Is there a way for us to know who is in the group, or leading the group when we get here?

@BeckyMotivates wrote:

1 Centre St

1 Centre St, New York, NY 10007, USA

@June 03, 2017 @ 12:30 (EDT)

Have you heard about the abandoned subway stations in Lower Manhattan? Let's go on the Interborough Rapid Transit Company's first subway line (now 6 line) scavenger hunt and have some fun! While we're at it, let's do an accessibility check at those stations that still exist. We can end up at the World Trade Center Oculus for an early dinner.

RSVP here

Googler

@nynikki Hi! I'm here with two folks and a stroller. Under the arches near the subway station. 

Level 3

I didn't see a group and went right past! I'm on my way back to the arches now.

Level 8

Thank you all for coming out for a fun day! Here's a link to the photo album if you want to see and add photos: https://goo.gl/photos/Fv49CP7JnCeLtS1y7. I hope to see you all again soon!