cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Hyderabad Ramzan Food crawl

Hyderabad Ramzan Food crawl

Shah Ghouse Cafe & Restaurant

Tolichowki Rd, Near RTA Office, Salarjung Colony, Tolichowki, Kakatiya Nagar, Toli Chowki, Hyderabad, Telangana 500008, India

June 03, 2018 @ 19:00 (IST)

Ramzan in Hyderabad is not only the month of fasting but also the time of the year when there is a huge variety of cuisine available for us to explore like Haleem which is a stew composed of meat, lentils and pounded wheat made into a thick paste. It is originally an Arabic dish and was introduced to the Hyderabad State by the Chaush people during the rule of the Nizams.

Let us enjoy the world famous hyderbadi haleem and all the awesome delicacies near Shah Ghouse Tolichowki.

After Haleem, we can explore the food court around Yusuf Teri and try grilled chicken from Siddiqui, mutton biryani from 4 seasons, chicken biryani from mandar, qubani ka meetha and pan from two other places ahead of mandar restaurant.

We will assemble outside the Maruti car showroom at 7:00pm sharp beside Shah Ghouse and start our Food journey from Shah Ghouse Haleem, explore the other items stated above above and finish off with Paan (from Sanskrit parṇa meaning "leaf") which is a preparation combining betel leaf with areca nut. It is chewed for its stimulant and psychoactive effects. After chewing it is either spat out or swallowed.

Timing: 7:00pm IST to 9:00pm IST

Cost: 200-300 Indian rupees per person.

P. S: Do come by wearing walking shoes or comfort sandals with lots of appetite, and most importantly please don't be late as Haleem does not taste good cold:)

RSVP here

Tolichowki Rd, Near RTA Office, Salarjung Colony, Tolichowki, Kakatiya Nagar, Toli Chowki, Hyderabad, Telangana 500008, India
8 comments
Level 6

Re: Hyderabad Ramzan Food crawl

Looks interesting and delicious, I'll definitely join you.

Abdul Mannan | Local Guide Level 6|
Level 9

@mannanrko, do Bring Your friends too! 

Level 10

Hi @AslamMo

Wow!! what a pleasant surprise. I was just planning to host Ramazan Haleem Food Crawl and was likely to submit meetup today. But surprisingly I saw one yours. I will definitely attend this yummy food crawl. Do count me in.

Level 9

Last year's food crawl was a hit,  so wanted to repeat it this year @FazeelUsmani, do bring yor friends!

Level 10

Yeah, I remember and we also had lots of fun. Those moments were awesome.

Yeah sure let us make this year a super hit. Spread the word as much as you can and also I'm spreading here in the old city.

@AslamMo wrote:

Last year's food crawl was a hit,  so wanted to repeat it this year @FazeelUsmani, do bring yor friends!

Level 9

Thank you @FazeelUsmani

Level 9

Hey all,  spread the word about our meet-up next Sunday, looking forward to it! 

Level 8

Good luck @AslamMo

Salaam