PaulPavlinovich's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: HowTo: Leading a Photo/Food/Geo Walk

Is the update message on the meet  Up page? I couldn't see any link or icon to do that. 

Level 8

Okay, when I fire up Google Maps  I see it and the pin is red but the exclamation mark is grey.  The exclamation mark in My Maps itself is where the "Share" is.

@PaulPavlinovich how will my team access it?  Does this mean that it is publically visible?

On another note:

Also I think that because I added the pins geographically out of sequence the legend is not in order from south to north.

Of course, on the map itself the pins  show geographically correct.

Level 8

@PaulPavlinovich There are two ways to create a custom map

1. Downloading and installing My Maps from Google Play Store. This is the version I am using.

2. Simply using the desktop version of Google Maps while signed in. Mobile or desktop.

Which version are you refererencing?

The version

Level 8

@MariaNgo.  On your Meet-Up page there is a rectangular box with blue borders and letters which reads, "Make an Announcement". Mind you use it wisely for you can only make two announcements total.

Let me know if this helps.

Connect Moderator

Muy buen post @PaulPavlinovich, tips y recomendación para que todos podamos hacer una buena Meet-Up, gracias por compartir tus experiencias . 👍😀

Saludos Farid

Level 10

Good post @PaulPavlinovich. When I made my meet up, it is as if I had read your post.

Instagram  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Web Page  |

Connect Moderator

Hi @VBenedict you can find out about sharing MyMaps here https://support.google.com/mymaps/answer/3109452

You're in control of how you share. Because you won't have the identities of the people who are coming, I would suggest "anyone with link can read" as the best option and post the link.

When you use an URL  shortener like https://goo.gl/ the short link itself will be public (they are discoverable if you try hard enough) that doesn't change the permissions on the thing you are linking to. If you share with one person and use a shortener then still only that one person can see the thing you linked to them.

Regards Paul

Level 8

@PaulPavlinovich. Thank you for the links. Yes im am very familiar with the "Help" link and have provided feedback as to why it is not very helpful.  In fact FFR, I always browse around, stream Help videos, etc.

I did not know about the "short" link.

I was just looking for "tips & tricks" 🙄

I wonder why I am getting this error again:

"An Unexpected Error has occurred.

• An Unexpected Error has occurred."🤔

And this one:

Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied.

Connect Moderator

I use the browser based version @VBenedict

https://www.google.com/maps/d/

Regards Paul

Connect Moderator

It is mostly common sense @MaxWalsh so most people who have run a few Meetups would likely already be doing it. Glad you like it.