JonesParapaso's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

How to postpone a meet-up without cancelling it

Hello Friends,

I requested for a meet-up which was approved, and I got a last minute call from my office to make a travel the next morning which requires me to make some preparations hence I will not be able to host my meet up, I like to postpone the meet up buti only see the candle meet up button, I am wondering how that can be done. I need help to this please. Thanks.

5 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: How to postpone a meet-up without cancelling it

Hi @JonesParapaso,

A postpone option is not available at the moment, but you can suggest it in the Feedback and Future Requests board as it is a great idea.

What you can do in this situation is to cancel your meet-up by visiting your event page and clicking the “Cancel Meet-Up” button. After this steps is done, a small window will appear where you can add the reason why you are cancelling the Meet-Up in question.

Hope that you'll find this information helpful.

Cheers

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

View solution in original post

Former Google Contributor
Solution

Hi @JonesParapaso,

A postpone option is not available at the moment, but you can suggest it in the Feedback and Future Requests board as it is a great idea.

What you can do in this situation is to cancel your meet-up by visiting your event page and clicking the “Cancel Meet-Up” button. After this steps is done, a small window will appear where you can add the reason why you are cancelling the Meet-Up in question.

Hope that you'll find this information helpful.

Cheers

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Connect Moderator

Hi @JonesParapaso in addition to the great advice from @KlaudiyaG you could use the send update to attendees feature and let them know that the date is changing - this both emails the attendees and is visible on the Meetup page for future people who have not signed up to see. This isn't an ideal solution but you may prefer it to cancellation if you have attendees.

Paul

Level 7

Hello @KlaudiyaG,

Thank you much, you reply is very helpful although I thought as much the option is not available at the moment and yes I will express my idea in the feedback and future request platform as advised.

Kind regards

Level 7

Hi @PaulPavlinovich,

Oh well this is also very helpful to note, thank you very much, however I am not sure if it can still be applied since I canceled it before you and @KlaudiyaG replied, just so the set time for the event dose get too close before my attendees get a notification. Also where can I find the send update link?

I like to ask another question: So when my event gets canceled, which the intention is to postpone it, how do I get it back up for my attendees to either see it or get a notification and is visible on the Meetup page for future people who have not signed up to see? [I believe this will be void if the send update link is still visible for the event].

Kind regards

Connect Moderator

Hi @JonesParapaso once you cancel an event you can no longer send a update message, there is also no way to uncancel it so you will need to resubmit it. After it is submitted you will need to share about your event on your socials to attract people to it again.

While your event is live, if you go to the event page that is on Maps then there is a control there to share an update.

Regards Paul