GusMoreira's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

Re: How to Organize a Map Editing Meet-Up

I would love to do this, the problem is that there are not really many local guides in my area. I think most of them are my close friends already. 

Level 9

Good article

ZC
Level 8

Hey @GusMoreira, may I translate this into Spanish?

Level 9

Its really helpful tutorial @GusMoreira

Level 7

Thanks @GusMoreira for the good tutorial.

@GusM wrote:

IMG_3000.jpg

A map editing meet-up is a gathering where Local Guides come together with their laptops and/or mobile devices to add and improve the places they know and like seeing on Google Maps.

The best way to start organizing a map editing meet-up is by finding a place where you can host everyone. Consider checking with your local library, university or even coffee shops to see if there’s space you can reserve for the meet-up. Look for places that have a strong Internet connection so that attendees can map quickly and efficiently. It’s also best to look for a space that has tables and chairs so that attendees can map on their personal laptops (and you have a place for snacks and drinks!).

Once you’ve decided on a date and time and selected your venue, submit your meet-up for us to review. Make sure to include information for attendees so they know what to bring (e.g., laptops and/or mobile devices, chargers, food, drinks) and where to meet. Once approved, your meet-up will appear on the list of upcoming meet-ups and Local Guides will be able to register to attend.

The goal at your meet-up is for Local Guides to map everything within an area or a specific theme. There are a few ways you can do this — you can focus on mapping a certain neighborhood, an entire region, popular/tourist locations in your city or even a particular type of location such as university premises, organizational premises or personal areas. For example, you and your friends can map or fix information for all medical facilities in your neighborhood.

During these meet-ups you shouldn’t add information from printed or published maps. All information should be based on your personal knowledge of the area. The more you know about your area, the more accurate information you can contribute and help millions of Google Maps users, travelers and tourists.

Have you hosted or participated in a map editing meet-up before? Tell us your tips in the comments below.

Happy mapping!

Ho Chi Minh City Local Guides Community Moderator | Viet Nam Local Guides Community Moderator
Level 9

@GusMoreira Thanks a lot for sharing. No doubt in my mind now. 

After two days I'm going to host a meetup in Haryana India. Information you provide to us are very helpful. 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Connect Moderator

Mejor aún @PaigeW, tienes más confianza entonces, sal con ellos o juntare en una biblioteca y agreguen y editen luz lugares de tu zona. Después cuéntanos cómo te fue 😉

saludos Farid

Connect Moderator

Hola @PedroRojas, ten en cuenta que Connect es responsivo y rectraduce automáticamente lo que lees según el idioma que desees, y si es para publicarlo en otra plataforma, puedes copiar la versión traducida, de todas maneras, puedes sentirte libre de traducirla 😉

saludos Farid 

Level 9

Great Tips @GusMoreira

We will share world wide map edit walk soon 😊👍

Level 8

@GusMoreira thanks for your sharing 

Bannu local guide