MegS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Host a Meet-Up in Honor of the National Park Service Centennial

Unable to attend a Google-hosted meet-up near you? Host your own meet-up!

There are hundreds of national parks and historic sites across the country. Find a location near you, choose an activity, and rally your friends. Spread the word by sharing your plans on Connect — use the tags: National Parks, NPS, centennial, and meet-up so others can find you.

Submit the details of your meet-up and we'll add it to our My Map of centennial meet-ups. The more the merrier!

park_meetup_email.jpg

United States
21 comments
Level 2

Re: Host a Meet-Up in Honor of the National Park Service Centennial

When do we find out if it's being added to the map?  They didn't ask for my name or login.  

We'll be adding meet-ups to the My Map on a rolling basis throughout the week.

There are name and email fields in the form, but we won't be emailing or alerting you if/when your meet-up has been added.

Level 2

Hi Meg! I submitted a meetup early this morning (8/16/2016) as well, to hike the Narrows in Zions National Park in Utah this Saturday... Is there anything else I have to do? Also, I read that the park fee is covered in the submission form. How does that work?  I have not hosted a meetup before. Want to be sure I do this right! 😄  Here is the event I created to share: https://plus.google.com/events/cdkvrkkkalmnj8reno07lhqdhb8 

Level 2

Meet Us At The Prairie - Lincoln Local Guides and Nebraska Independent Film Project invite you to me...

Meet us at The Prairie - Spring Creek Audubon CenterMeet us at The Prairie - Spring Creek Audubon Center

Honoring The National Park Service in Nebraska

Hi @KatieS, so long as you've submitted the form you're good to go.

Re: any fees, we are only covering parks fees for the meet-ups we're hosting. You're own your own for any expenses you incur for self-led meet-ups.

Thanks for clarifying and have a blast!

Connect Moderator

Just filled in the form for the photo walk at Muir Woods on the 28th. Should be a blast 🙂

Level 9

Thank You Tom, for hosting a meet up.

Level 8

I just added one for NYC!  

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Let-s-Meet-Up/National-Park-Service-Meet-up-NYC-African-Burial...

I've hosted World Wide Instameets before, but this will be my first time with Google so any suggestions or corrections are definitely encouraged!  Thanks!

Beth 

Update: We've updated our My Map with details for any meet-ups that provided a link to either an event page or their Connect post. Don't see your meet-up? Please update the form with a link to details so others know when, where, and who to connect with. Replying to this thread with a link works too.

Thanks, and we hope you enjoy exploring the parks as much as we do!