ReshamDas's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Highlights from the West Bengal Local Guides Shobha Bazar Photowalk Event (India)

West Bengal Local Guides at the Shobha Bazar PhotowalkWest Bengal Local Guides at the Shobha Bazar Photowalk

West Bengal Local Guides (https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/113073977927450229989?cfem=1) organized it's fifth meetup event named as Shobha Bazar Photowalk (https://maps.google.com/localguides/meetup/b8960c88e6034b5d833798a6889d6a2f) on this Christmas eve, i.e., 24th December 2017 afternoon, dedicated for all the Google Local Guides of West Bengal, India.

On 19th December 2016, WBLG hosted its first ever big Local Guides meetup event - College Street Photo Walk. It saw a huge footfall, and the event was illuminated with the participation of the guests from the neighboring nation Bangladesh. In 2017, it organized Botanical Garden Geo Walk in February, New Market Food Crawl in May and Millennium Park Geo Walk in September before this event.

The event started at Shobha Bazar Sutanuti Metro Station at noon sharp as Local Guides accumulated there from different parts of the state. Some of the visitors came from a distant Nadia, some from Medinipore and some from Bongaon even!

The LGs walked along the lazy Sunday streets of heritage North Kolkata. This portion of the city is known for its cultural and structural heritages, specially thanks to the large beautiful buildings which British built hundreds of years ago during the British Raj of India (Kolkata was used to be the capital of British India then).Local Guides at Shobha Bazar Metro StationLocal Guides at Shobha Bazar Metro Station

The Local Guides visited the ancient Sovabazar Rajbari (palace) known for its traditional Durga Puja, then the football ground of Laha Colony where Mohun Bagan A.C. beat East Yorkshire to become the first ever Indian team to win an Indian football league in British India. Therefore, they passed along the streets of Bidhan Sarani, keeping aside famous theater named as Star Theater, a noted snacks shop with memories of former national leader Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose named as Lakshmi Narayan & Sons, before entering the Scottish Church Collegiate School where the celebrations of Christmas were on.

Star TheaterStar TheaterBidhan SaraniBidhan SaraniWBLG groupfieWBLG groupfieClick!Click!Selfies!Selfies!Photographs unveiledPhotographs unveiledChristmas at Scottish Church SchoolChristmas at Scottish Church SchoolThen they paved along the alleys of Hedua to reach the Hedua Park for the cake-cutting ceremony and the discussions. The subject of the chitchats varied over many a thing related to the activities and perks of the Google Local Guides service and the tradition of events hosted by the West Bengal Local Guides. Also, lots of frames were created at this location before the LGs headed out for the next!The heritage Kolkata tram routeThe heritage Kolkata tram route

LG Stack!LG Stack!

Local Guides heading for Hedua ParkLocal Guides heading for Hedua Park

#LGselfie#LGselfie

DiscussionsDiscussions

A new and the cutest member of all time joined the West Bengal Local Guides community here at Hedua Park, here is her portfolio:-Why should humans have all the fun?Why should humans have all the fun?

Eventually, this meetup marked the first anniversary of WBLG meetups, so celebrations took place with cakes and more! The Local Guides who visited this event had great fun, and that delight was visible in their faces.25552347_1434057240026760_6408574889526745207_n.jpg

IMG_0658.JPG

Then, it was time for the Local Guides to reduce their stress and what could have been a better location than the ancestral home of Swami Vivekananda?25552126_669208819869728_2049712848660170703_n.jpg

IMG_20171224_153627188_HDR.jpg

The event ended with a treat at the Chacha's Hotel at Vivekananda Road with Roomali Roti and Manchurian Chicken. The Local Guides hence had a great day at this event.IMG_20171224_165529.jpg

West Bengal Local Guides is just not a forum but also it provides space for people around the state of West Bengal so that they come and meet and be friends despite the age barrier. It promotes the social need for the contribution in the Google Maps which aims to create a better world for everyone!

Tags - @Amitesh_Gayen @SDatta @AshiqueMirza @Sovon

Kolkata, West Bengal, India
17 comments
Level 9

Re: Highlights from the West Bengal Local Guides Shobha Bazar Photowalk Event (India)

your event looked nice 🙂

Check out my virtual tours demo / "A camera is a save button for the mind's eye" - Geek quote 🙂 /

Generated using https://ndsmyter.be/local-guides-banner/
Connect Moderator

Re: Highlights from the West Bengal Local Guides Shobha Bazar Photowalk Event (India)

Hi @ReshamDas,

Very interesting MeetUp, I really like it, and the great number of Local guides that was with you.

I'm moving your post in the "Let's meetup" board, for others to enjoy.

Thanks for sharing beautiful moments

Ermes

Level 9

That was a really enjoyable meet up. It was too much fun.

Level 10

Hi @ReshamDas your event looks great. I saw your photos on Facebook. I am very sorry that I could not attend the event. I got some urgent work at the last moment. Hope to see you people next time.

Connect Moderator

Hi @ReshamDas

Marking a solution is not like giving a kudo, and not all the post required a solution. 

Please read : /Help-Desk/Tip-How-to-mark-replies-as-solutions-Accept-as-Solution-feature/

Fur that reason, I have removed the solution marked for this post 

Ermes 

Level 10

@ReshamDas Very nice photos bro. I must come and join all of you someday! 🙂 

Level 8

@ReshamDas Seems you guys had a fun filled photowalk. It looks so good. keep up the good work.

Happy Mapping!

Level 9

Level 9

@ErmesT wrote:

Hi @ReshamDas,

Very interesting MeetUp, I really like it, and the great number of Local guides that was with you.

I'm moving your post in the "Let's meetup" board, for others to enjoy.

Thanks for sharing beautiful moments

Ermes

Thank you so much @ErmesT sir! Loved to receive appreciation from you. Thanks a lot ❤️