AnmolAgrawal's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Google reward

Is google also reward for the work done.as i had help millions of people but still i donot get any reward

Hathras, Uttar Pradesh, India
4 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Google reward

@AnmolAgrawal, as a Local Guide, my feeling is that something is missing in here. While everyone is talking about the value of what we do, no one is spending a word about what we received. 

Also for me is funny to say "we helped millions", what is my reward? I am not helping anyone because I want something back. But we have something back. Is this because, if something is free, there is no value in there?

I fully appreciate the navigation system that I receive for free, or the information of business that I can find in Maps. Or the great potential that is not completely implemented yet, or the information for accessibility

We always say that we want to help others, but we frequently forget that We are the others, so helping others we are helping ourselves

Also please note that I have unaccepted the "solution" given by you, because your post don't need a solution. please read: Tip: How to mark replies as solutions — “Accept as Solution” feature

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator

Hello @AnmolAgrawal, contributing to Local Guides is a volunteer effort that most people (including me) do just for fun or to help others by adding information to the map. There are perks from time to time (depending on the region you are in), but those are usually discounts or vouchers on products.

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Level 7

Sometimes you get a perk, but I feel you.

DanieRocks!TheDanarchistCookbook
Connect Moderator
Solution

@AnmolAgrawal, as a Local Guide, my feeling is that something is missing in here. While everyone is talking about the value of what we do, no one is spending a word about what we received. 

Also for me is funny to say "we helped millions", what is my reward? I am not helping anyone because I want something back. But we have something back. Is this because, if something is free, there is no value in there?

I fully appreciate the navigation system that I receive for free, or the information of business that I can find in Maps. Or the great potential that is not completely implemented yet, or the information for accessibility

We always say that we want to help others, but we frequently forget that We are the others, so helping others we are helping ourselves

Also please note that I have unaccepted the "solution" given by you, because your post don't need a solution. please read: Tip: How to mark replies as solutions — “Accept as Solution” feature

Level 8

Bhut Sahi kha bhai shab