AnuradhaP's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: Galle Meetup - Had a nice time with Galle Local Guides

We had an awesome meet-up at Galle and enjoyed with fellow local guides from Colombo, Galle, Kalutara and several other places.

Burst_Cover_Collage_20170218174245.jpg

I had a chance to see many tourist places and activities. One significant subject of those is the guy who did "Crazy jumping" from flag rock. @TraciC these guys are expert jumpers, and when I saw the banner, it reminded me of you and your jumping photographs.

IMG_20170218_175417.jpgIMG_20170218_175138.jpg

We started walking along the street and found many business places which were not marked previously in Google maps. We tried to mark as much as possible and uploaded photos too.

Untitled.jpg

The click of guys wearing printed Sri Lanka local guides t-shirts grabbed the attention of many people around.

Untitled2.jpg

We dropped into few shops and asked the owners about the opening and closing times, address, etc. and updated the map. @Corrie @TraciC @GusMoreira as @AnuradhaP mentioned, there was a mistake on the maritime museum and archeological place.

I have moved the place "Maritime Museum" to the correct place, and it has been approved now.

Like that there are many places to be validated. While returning, we used the Expressway, and while stopping over for dinner, we had a fruitful chat with all local guides regarding the future meetups and improvements.

I have received an advanced appreciation gift from @upul for my next meet-up.

IMG_20170219_203507.jpg

Next month we are planning for a Trek,/ camping with local guides after a meetup. Hope this will be another memorable event. Thanks, @AnuradhaP for arranging this meet-up in Galle and local people who came from Galle well guided us to explore few streets.

I have collected many photographs as always and also did some 360 coverages at some showrooms and uploaded to maps. The owners were very kind and were impressed by the event and also appreciated this volunteer works.

Thanks for this team of enthusiasts who participated the event from a long way

Special thanks to @AnuradhaP for arranging such a memorable meet-up. Photography and videography are my hobbies which are being transformed into a passion now. Please check the video, photo album which have been captured during this event.

Level 10

@IlankovanT Thank you for the nice article and video. We can arrange another meetup in near future for Galle.

Former Google Contributor

@AnuradhaP @IlankovanT This sounds like such a great meet-up! Thanks for posting your photos and for telling us all about it. As Illankovan already knows, I'll be visiting Sri Lanka in August for a cricket tournament that my boyfriend is playing in. I look forward to getting lots of local tips and suggestions from all of you before then, and hopefully we can meet-up while I'm there!

Level 9

@HelloJess thank you very much and, all of your encouragements making us do better contributions including hosting meetups. Eagerly waiting to see you in August. Don't worry we are here to guide you with local tips. Also, we can host a meetup. Let us know the travel dates later, and we will host a meetup in that date 🙂

Level 10

@HelloJess  Yes, we can host a meet-up here in August. By the way, I am a cricket lover, and I like to know a little bit about the cricket tournament. Are they going to play in Galle?

Level 9

Level 8

@HelloJess good to hear that you are visiting our country 🙂 

@AnuradhaP @IlankovanT we can arrange a quick meetup isnt? 🙂

looking forward for seeing you here 🙂

Googler

Hahaha! I don't have anything on those jumpers, @IlankovanT

Jumping in Venice Beach, CAJumping in Venice Beach, CA

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 10

🙂 @TraciC's Crazy jump 🙂 :):). (as mentioned in Galle Fort) @IlankovanT 

Level 9

@TraciC this is beautiful. Seems this was taken in sunset? I will try one jumping photo and share with you soon.