DanielTh's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

First lady from Hyderabad to attend a meet-up @ Lamakaan

Hyderabad's LG community is quite active when it comes to having meet-ups. Usually we have about 2 meet-ups every month and regularly meet active LG's from the city.

In the last 20 months of me being active in Hyderabad's Local Guides community, I was part of many meet-ups and noticed that women don't take active part in attending meet-ups. There are many women contributors on Maps from Hyderabad, but when it comes to meet-ups, we generally don't see active participation.

Last year when Googlers from APAC (@YanniY, @AradhanaB & Bella) came to this city for a video shoot, they mentioned about their vision of encouraging women to take active part in the LG Community.

Though we don't make any conscious effort in this direction, we do get inspired by Google's vision of ensuring participation from all sections of the society. I remember Google LG Community celebrate a meet-up exclusively for Mothers who are active LG's. ( https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Let-s-Meet-Up/Mum-s-who-Map-August-Meet-up-Recap/m-p/440568#M3... )

On 20th May 2018, we had a meet-up in Hyderabad's Culture Centre Lamakaan and were pleasantly surprised with a new LG who attended it. She is Manasa (Level 5 LG).  We are happy that she attended the meet-up and will inspire many more women to keep attending meet-ups in their cities, especially in India, thereby contributing to Google's global theme of inclusiveness.

Here is a video introducing the members who attended the meet-up @ Lamakaan in Hyderabad.

While we await a recap from @AslamMo, Tagging few other LG Community members @CateP , @KarenVChin

P.S. Of all the meet-ups I know of in Hyderabad over the last 20 months, this is surely the first (at-least documented one 🙂 )

Hyderabad, Telangana, India
10 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: First lady from Hyderabad to attend a meet-up @ Lamakaan

@DanielTh

This is great and for sure will interest

@AnitaAO

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r
Connect Moderator

How exciting to see your community expanding @DanielTh

Did she prove her insights what could get more women in your city to participate in the Local Guides program? 

How did did she hear about your meetup? Was it on Connect? Or from a Facebook or What’s App group?

Thanks for tagging me!

Cheers,

Karen

Level 9

Funtastic and fantastic!😂😁😀. This and many more reason is why I did a post earlier on connect This.

But gradually from all angle I am beginning to see the answers to as why many female local guides(those already in the program)  are not readily available or participating in the program as their male counterparts, some of the reasons mostly is around the community they belong, but that will be a separate post. 

@DanielTh wrote:

Hyderabad's LG community is quite active when it comes to having meet-ups. Usually we have about 2 meet-ups every month and regularly meet active LG's from the city.

In the last 20 months of me being active in Hyderabad's Local Guides community, I was part of many meet-ups and noticed that women don't take active part in attending meet-ups. There are many women contributors on Maps from Hyderabad, but when it comes to meet-ups, we generally don't see active participation.

Last year when Googlers from APAC (@YanniY, @AradhanaB & Bella) came to this city for a video shoot, they mentioned about their vision of encouraging women to take active part in the LG Community.

Though we don't make any conscious effort in this direction, we do get inspired by Google's vision of ensuring participation from all sections of the society. I remember Google LG Community celebrate a meet-up exclusively for Mothers who are active LG's. ( https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Let-s-Meet-Up/Mum-s-who-Map-August-Meet-up-Recap/m-p/440568#M3... )

On 20th May 2018, we had a meet-up in Hyderabad's Culture Centre Lamakaan and were pleasantly surprised with a new LG who attended it. She is Manasa (Level 5 LG).  We are happy that she attended the meet-up and will inspire many more women to keep attending meet-ups in their cities, especially in India, thereby contributing to Google's global theme of inclusiveness.

@Here is a video introducing the members who attended the meet-up @ Lamakaan in Hyderabad.

While we await a recap from @AslamMo, Tagging few other LG Community members @CateP , @KarenVChin

P.S. Of all the meet-ups I know of in Hyderabad over the last 20 months, this is surely the first (at-least documented one 🙂 )

Thank you for sharing  @DanielTh

Thank you for the tag @TorM, I appreciate this tag. 

Cheers! 

Anita. 

A-Beta
Level 10

@DanielTh. Thanks you very much for your kindness sharing this valuable  information.

Twice Meets up a month, it is awesome. Incredible.

And salute to Ms Manasa the firs woman that attend  Hyderabad Regular Meet ups.

Hope in the next meeting will be more woman will attend this meeting.

We in Jakarta Local Guide have many woman Local Guide that frequently attend our regular meeting like @Liahakso@ns_septi@RiaLyzara@UlyTheresia and @Ddimitra.

Even @Liahakso lead us on  https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Let-s-Meet-Up/World-Wide-Photo-Walk-Jakarta/m-p/644837#M50469.

Regards

Tag (@BudiFXW) in your post or comment, I will happily to connect with you.
Level 10

@KarenVChin it was on Meet-up board in Connect. We have an active WhatsApp group where we discuss the dates for meet-up and agree on a suitable time.

Well since its her first meet-up, she mentioned the driving force to attend the meet-up.

We didn't discuss any long term ideas, but I'm sure the word will spread and we'll see more focused participation going forward.

Level 10

@BudiFXW this is nice to know. Thank you for sharing your community meet-ups.

Level 10

Yeah, it was nice to meet Manasa in the last meet. She was very desperate to know about the local guides program. And hope by attending this meet she got all her doubts cleared.

*This will help more women local guides to attend meetups in nearby future

Thank You!!

Level 10

@AnitaAO thank you.

Level 10

@BudiFXW  thank you.