Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Explore Madrid Atocha area

Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofía

Calle de Santa Isabel, 52, 28012 Madrid, Spain

May 13, 2017 @ 10:30 (CEST)

Hi everyone! I'm staying in Madrid for 3 weeks and was here for a month last summer! It will be great to meet local guides in the area (or visiting) and explore the city on foot. I'm thinking this will be a mix of photo walk / food crawl. We can start at the museum district in Atocha area, and discover hidden gems on the East side of el centro! Around 12noon, we will all go for tapas lunch (everyone will cover your own expense, please bring CASH for easy bill split)! Please RSVP to stay updated on walking route and meeting point. Thanks! Looking forward to meeting you all :) Lisa

RSVP here

- Lisa
7 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 8
Solution

Photo walk route!

Hi everyone,

I've planned a draft of the walk route, you can see Google Map here: https://goo.gl/2VncLE

Photo walk and Food Crawl mapPhoto walk and Food Crawl map

10:30am :

Meet at entrance of Reina Sofia museum . (Calle de Santa Isabel, 52)

10:45am:

[Photo walk] We will explore a part of the museum district, stopping by various landmarks to take photos:

• Velazquez Statue (Paseo del Prado, 11)
  • Museo Nacional del Prado (Paseo del Prado)
  • San Jerónimo el Real Church (Calle Moreto, 4)
  • Plaza Murillo / Real Jadin Botanico
  • Villanueva Pavilion (Plaza Murillo, 2)

12noon: 

[Tapas lunch walk] A short 10min walk from the museums, let's head up to Antón Martín market & Taberna El Sur for lunch!

• Antón Martín market (Calle de Santa Isabel, 5)
  • Taberna El Sur (Calle de la Torrecilla del Leal, 12)

Please remember to bring cash for lunch, everyone's responsible for their own food or easily splitting among friends.

See you all soon!

Lisa

- Lisa

View solution in original post

Level 7

Re: Explore Madrid Atocha area

From the picture it looks very beautiful and romantic city.

@LisaH wrote:

Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofía

Calle de Santa Isabel, 52, 28012 Madrid, Spain

@May 13, 2017 @ 10:30 (CEST)

Hi everyone! I'm staying in Madrid for 3 weeks and was here for a month last summer! It will be great to meet local guides in the area (or visiting) and explore the city on foot. I'm thinking this will be a mix of photo walk / food crawl. We can start at the museum district in Atocha area, and discover hidden gems on the East side of el centro! Around 12noon, we will all go for tapas lunch (everyone will cover your own expense, please bring CASH for easy bill split)! Please RSVP to stay updated on walking route and meeting point. Thanks! Looking forward to meeting you all 🙂 Lisa

RSVP here

Level 8

Madrid truly is a beautiful city! I hope you can join us on the walk if you are in the city 🙂

- Lisa
Level 8
Solution

Photo walk route!

Hi everyone,

I've planned a draft of the walk route, you can see Google Map here: https://goo.gl/2VncLE

Photo walk and Food Crawl mapPhoto walk and Food Crawl map

10:30am :

Meet at entrance of Reina Sofia museum . (Calle de Santa Isabel, 52)

10:45am:

[Photo walk] We will explore a part of the museum district, stopping by various landmarks to take photos:

• Velazquez Statue (Paseo del Prado, 11)
  • Museo Nacional del Prado (Paseo del Prado)
  • San Jerónimo el Real Church (Calle Moreto, 4)
  • Plaza Murillo / Real Jadin Botanico
  • Villanueva Pavilion (Plaza Murillo, 2)

12noon: 

[Tapas lunch walk] A short 10min walk from the museums, let's head up to Antón Martín market & Taberna El Sur for lunch!

• Antón Martín market (Calle de Santa Isabel, 5)
  • Taberna El Sur (Calle de la Torrecilla del Leal, 12)

Please remember to bring cash for lunch, everyone's responsible for their own food or easily splitting among friends.

See you all soon!

Lisa

- Lisa
Level 8

Where's everyone?!

I was at the Museum entrance from 10:20 - 10:45 ish,  and didn't see anyone =( . So I went on the walk with my friend.... It's sad that 12 people RSVP but no one showed up!

- Lisa
Level 7

Re: Where's everyone?!

Awww! That's sad. Maybe they'll show up next time 🙂

Level 2

Re: Where's everyone?!

@lizhuang wrote:

I was at the Museum entrance from 10:20 - 10:45 ish,  and didn't see anyone =( . So I went on the walk with my friend.... It's sad that 12 people RSVP but no one showed up!

I am so sorry @lizhuang!!

Level 10

Hi @lizhuang, Happy nice Meet up and Good Explore !!!

LG Brother from Indonesia proud your great efforts. Success !!!