HeyJoe's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Dar meetup (recap)

Greetings all,

I hope you all had a great weekend. As we know that last weekend most of Local Guides had worldwide 36 Walk meet ups.

Personally I wish I could host in but it was out of my control and its wet season in Tanzania (March, April and May). Last minute I decided to host a meet up that will be held indoors with no issues of weather nor other circumstances.

In my city we have a famous mall I can bigger too called Mlimani City Mall, months ago it was expanded and many shops, stores, banks, cafe etc were added and moved from one place to another I thought I could host a meet up so we can fix this to make details and information accurate.

EntranceEntrance

Expanded areaExpanded area

Meet up was success 5 (including me) Local Guides had a great time to know each other's too. It was happy to meet @Yusuf-Hujale we always chat here on connect and we finally meet

Challenges; We faced couples of challenges during the meet up; firstly the current weather was not good because it's a wet season some participants did not arrive on time and others leave early because it was pouring time to time and earlier this week some places had floods. I appreciate your enthusiasm guys!! During the meet up we did have time to meet at all same time.

Secondly; Not Applied status: we experienced this during a meet up some places we couldn't manage to add and we are facing it physically.

Closing; I would like to thank all meet up participants who showed up Collins, Fahad, Yusuf, Dussa. Your contributions on Google map yesterday will bring great impact to our community and google maps users.

IMG_8789.JPG

We managed to get little pictures here is the link >> https://photos.app.goo.gl/0hCpZs3lLx4ZJPkR2

Until next meet up hopefully, Cheers!!  

Joe

Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
4 comments
Level 7

Re: Dar meetup (recap)

Big Thanx to you @HeyJoe For bringing us together ,

It was happy to meet you too 

Thank you 

Ufufuuu
Level 9

@Yusuf-Hujale Thank you coming too once again. 

Level 7

Someone connect me to this group.. for the next meet up.

Level 7

That will be best and see you soon