Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Clean The World - CL18 Edition

Presidio Transit Center

San Francisco, CA 94129, USA

October 16, 2018 @ 09:00 (PDT)

Before Connect Live starts, meet CL attendees while helping to leave your “mark” in San Francisco.

Join us, the Powered by Us - Local Guides “Clean The World” (https://goo.gl/wuErQJ) initiative, to help clean The Presidio (https://goo.gl/cNqhbY), one of San Francisco’s scenic landmarks & America’s National Park treasures. The Presidio (https://goo.gl/maps/i9bCgFx6Emq), a formal 1,500 acres historic U.S. Army Base that has been converted to a U.S. National Park in 1994, offers unique recreation, hospitality, & educational opportunities to the people of the SF Bay Area & the world.

We’ll be spending 2+ hrs walking & picking up litter while taking in the surrounding natural beauty & photographing the amazing “Only in SF” scenery for Google Maps.

What to Wear & Bring with You

Be prepared to get dirty, wear old clothes you don't care about: Wear long pants, long sleeves, layered clothing, and sturdy close-toed shoes (no shorts or sandals). Bring a hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, & a bottle of water.

The Presidio Trust will provide gloves & all the necessary tools & training.

Bring your camera gear and/or phones.

But be mindful, you will have to carry or wear what you bring while picking up litter. Do not bring a drone.

MUNI Bus Fare

Bring $2.75 cash to buy a ticket for each way to ride the bus ($5.50 Total).

Meet Time

Meet Oct 16, 9 AM sharp @Presidio Transit Center (215 Lincoln Blvd, SF) as a group to meet our Presidio Trust Volunteer Coordinator

Meetup ends at noon.

RSVP here

San Francisco, CA 94129, USA
11 comments
Level 10

Re: Clean The World - CL18 Edition

Hi @KarenVChin

Thank you for sharing this meetup post. I am definitely going to participate in this meetup and look forward to exploring The Presidio.

Cheers,

Alexander

Connect Moderator

@XanderO, thanks for RSVPing! We already have 3 Local Guides RSVPing besides you!  It's going to be a fun, memorable day for all of us.

Cheers,

Karen

Level 10

Ciao @KarenVChin and @ErmesT I'm in! I will meet you all at The Presidio Transit Center  at 9am.

I will arrive on foot (I booked an apartment in Inner Richmond - with my brother, my sister and my lovely daughter) so only 45 minutes walk through Presidio Hill via Arguello Blvd. What better way to wake up? 🙂

Bye,

David

Connect Moderator

Great @davidhyno, are your brother and daughter joining us too?

It would be nice if they want to come, just remember to add them on @AdrianLunsong's spreadsheet

Can't wait to be there

Connect Moderator

Me encanta esta Meet-Up @KarenVChin, estoy seguro que la pasaremos muy bien y el lugar que escogieron tu y @ErmesT, es ideal, ya que nos permitirá, ser amigables con el medio ambiente y a la vez  por hacer eso que nos gusta tanto  a los Local Guides, hacer fotos y videos, de buenos lugares, reo que la mejor de las recomendaciones que realizaste es no venir tantos equipos, ya que se caminara y se realizara la limpieza de la zona, felicitaciones por la organización.

Saludos Farid

For the case that has difficulty, in reading my answer, in the upper right part of the screen, in the drop-down menu of languages, you can select the language, in which you want to read the post.

Level 7

Moderator , I have created a WhatsApp group where I teach people how to contribute on Google map. Is it allowed ?? 

Danny Adesanya
Level 10

Connect Moderator

@Dannyounge, that’s great you have created a Whats Up group to help teach others how to use Google Maps. But like what @davidhyno has stated sharing the phone number unsolicited is considered spam here on Connect.

Thank you for removing your number. 

Cheers,

Karen

Level 8

Wow, @KarenVChin I will be expecting you tag in your [Recap] I am still waiting for your reply back at mine Here..

@ErmesT this should be great meet up