MariaNgo's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Christmas in my city - World Wide Photo Walk - Dec 2018

I was inspired by the recent World Wide Photo Walk Showcasing the Beauty of Your City by @AlejandraMaria and got to thinking, has anyone organised something similar for Christmas? 

If not, anyone got any advice on how to do something like this? 

9 comments
Level 8

Re: Christmas in my city - World Wide Photo Walk - Dec 2018

Hi @MariaNgo

Start from here by hosting a meet-up.

LEARN - How to host a meet-up?

Cheers

Level 9

Hi @MariaNgo!

You have a nice idea for Chirstmas time :)))

If you want to involve other LGs you can make a post announcing it and inviting them to join it...

This is what we did World Wide Photo Walk Meet-Up, Showcase the Beauty of your City to the World  

Good Luck and Good Afternoon from the South of Spain,

Alejandra.

Level 10

Thanks @AlejandraMaria 

Level 10

Hello @Badruddeen

Thanks for your advice. I've actually hosted a photowalk before. I was thinking of something bigger and more along the lines of the Showcase your City Photo Walk by @AlejandraMaria 

Cheers!

Maria 

Level 10

Christmas in my City World Wide Photowalk

I have been toying with the idea of doing a Christmas in my City World Wide Photowalk for a few weeks. 

Wondering if this might be of interest to fellow Connect Live 2018 attendees and if so, would you like to brain storm for how this could/would work? 

I've been inspired by @AlejandraMaria Showcase your City World Wide Photowalk. 

Maria 

Connect Moderator

Re: Christmas in my City World Wide Photowalk

I think it would be worth finding a way no remove the religious aspect to make it more inclusive. Maybe show us what you do in December?

Level 10

Hmm ... thanks for that observation @PaulPavlinovich 

Where I come from Malaysia/Singapore, which is very religiously diverse, all major religious festivals are celebrated with equal enthusiasm. So I'm wondering how it's like for other countries at this time of the year. 

Maria 

Connect Moderator

Christmas is widely celebrated around the world @MariaNgo even by non religious people who get into the family and gift giving aspects of the festival. There are many festivals of other religions and cultures that happen to coincide with that time of year. Maybe you could talk about December festivities? That brings people in but will still achieve what you want to achieve. 

Former Google Contributor

@MariaNgo I think this conversation is best suited for the Let's Meet-Up! board where I see you have a parallel thread. If you don't mind, I'm going to merge this conversation there so that it can have maximum visibility for brainstorming your idea as there are only 151 people with access to the Connect Live private boards. Here's what to post on the Connect Live private boards! 😊