Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Chinatown Crawl Houston

Chinatown Crawl Houston

Jusgo

9280 Bellaire Blvd, Houston, TX 77036, USA

May 07, 2017 @ 17:07 (CDT)

This is my first meet-up gathering. I just want to meet other Google Local Guides in Houston. If this is successful, I can host more food crawl meetups. On Sunday, May 7, I plan to host a dinner party at Xin Jiang BBQ. After that, we’ll proceed to have desserts at Star Snow Ice. All of these locations are in a short walking distance. There are plenty of parking by Jusgo Supermarket. Wear a pair of good walking shoes and let’s start from Jusgo Supermarket. I’m going to give you a tour of this Asian supermarket. At 6:25, we are walking few steps to Xin Jiang BBQ restaurant for dinner. After dinner, the crawlers will proceed to Star Snow Ice for milk tea with tapioca balls – the popular dessert drink in Chinatown. In short 4 hours, you will experience at least 5 Asian cultures and cuisines. This is how I highlight my Asian heritage in Chinatown. (Note: previous meetup is replaced with this one.)

RSVP here

** Follow me for the next Chinatown Crawl Meetup in Houston, Texas, United States **
16 comments
Level 9

Re: Chinatown Crawl Houston

@LouMC since this is your first meet-up you can get more ideas from @JessicaS post on how to organise a Local Guides meet-up. 

we hope to see your meet-up soon!

Level 3

Bringing my wife too! Thanks for doing this!

Level 7

Thanks for organizing, this Luis! But it happens to fall on the same day as the Japan Festival over in Hermann Park. We'll try to make the next one in Chinatown - or elsewhere - in Houston. 

Level 6

I will be there and bring my wife as well.  Looking forward to it!

Level 10

I've been hosting #ChinatownCrawl for over a year on Yelp. The greatest benefit is you never miss the connection. Depending when you arrive, you will get to meet people and enjoy the food.

@DevenN wrote:

Thanks for organizing, this Luis! But it happens to fall on the same day as the Japan Festival over in Hermann Park. We'll try to make the next one in Chinatown - or elsewhere - in Houston. 

** Follow me for the next Chinatown Crawl Meetup in Houston, Texas, United States **
Level 10

@LouMCGood Work,

Level 10

I understand the challenges to be in many places on one day. There are so many Asian Heritage Month activities plus Mother's Day and Memorial Day in May. I rotate my AHM celebration every year to accommodate attendees who don't work on Sundays. Besides, Japan Festival somehow delayed from April to May this year. That could also hurt Dragon Boat Festival on Saturday, May 6.

@DevenN, my next #ChinatownCrawl will be in July or August. The restaurant has been selected. I'm waiting to see how this meetup work.

@DevenN wrote:

Level 10

wow, impressive. 7 guests on the list. thanks for RSVP on my event. I will announce the featured menu items, estimated cost and headcount in few days.

Level 10

Taking headcounts. Please post your attendance if any +1's by Friday 11:59 pm Houston Time. I need to present the headcount on Saturday. 

It's very challenging when people RSVP'd on event page but not discussion page here. There is no way to contact people from their profile. Mmm... not sure if I missed something.