jojo522's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

When add new place can i use CAPITAL LETTERS for main Building and small letters for shops & tenants

It is always better to identify building andsub building and shop as per importance.When add new place can i use CAPITAL LETTERS for main Building and small letters for shops & tenants

jojo
Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
9 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 9
Level 9
Solution

Re: When add new place can i use CAPITAL LETTERS for main Building and small letters for shops &

Names should be capitalised using standard language rules ie usually first letter only unless it is a recognised acronym eg HSBC

All capped words are not permitted even if that's how the business describes itself. An example is STARBUCKS which should always be on the map as Starbucks - even though the shop sign is capitalised.

Can you link to some businesses you added using the capitalisation you describe

View solution in original post

Level 9
Level 9
Solution

Re: When add new place can i use CAPITAL LETTERS for main Building and small letters for shops &

Names should be capitalised using standard language rules ie usually first letter only unless it is a recognised acronym eg HSBC

All capped words are not permitted even if that's how the business describes itself. An example is STARBUCKS which should always be on the map as Starbucks - even though the shop sign is capitalised.

Can you link to some businesses you added using the capitalisation you describe

Level 10

I

jojo
Level 10

@jojo522 wrote:

It is always better to identify building andsub building and shop as per importance.When add new place can i use CAPITAL LETTERS for main Building and small letters for shops & tenants

Hi @jojo522@Pea answered you already but here are the guide lines linked: 

https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177

"Namely" scroll down to the "Business Information > Name" section and click on "Learn more". There you will find: 

'Your name must not include:

Fully capitalized words (with the exception of acronyms) or unnecessary spaces.

• Not acceptable: "SUBWAY"
  • Acceptable: "Subway", "KFC", "IHOP", "JCPenney"'

I hope this helps to decide in the future... There is no "hierarchical" order where an "upper level" (a building or shopping mall) just because it is higher, should be more emphasized.

Not applicable

@jojo522 wrote:

When add new place can I use CAPITAL LATTERS for main building and small letters for shops and tenant

Level 9

Hi Joko,

Adding to a great solution you received let me say a few words on using uppercase and lowercase. Using CAPITALS itself make the reader think that I am an authoritarian or make others think I am trying to be 'different ' from others.

Just an example, if I write a letter how do you expect me to complete that ? If I am receiving a letter from you can I expect a combination of upper/lower case, as a friend of mine. At the same time I cannot predict how my BOSS react while he/she scribble.

The general rule is what my other Friend well explained in his solution.

Level 8

Capital letters

What do you think of editing everything in capital letters?

Level 8

Re: Capital letters

Yeah! I like that idea!! 

Level 8

zerneim wrote:

What do you think of editing everything in capital letters?

You should only use capital letters if the location business name use them, if they don't you should use the standard format. 

Level 8

Hey @colinchaffers how is it going?

It doesn't look right! 

Some people doesn't know how to deal with the phone 😄

That was the point of this threat, to listen opinions!

Regards,

Marcos