VBenedict's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: New York City Food Crawl

@BruceDM wrote:

Hello @VBenedict - I'm not sure what you mean but if this was an email, you could always use the "Search the Community" toolbar on the top right side of Connect pages.  Click the magnifying glass, change the setting from 'Posts' to 'Users' and then type in the email account.  This allows you to locate a LG username by email account.

@BruceDM   I figured out that fo me =>

Tap on my profile icon on the top right => tap on the mail envelope => select either user or post => use the search bar ...

Its really cool 😄 you can even perform an advance search using different parameters provided.

I tried different variations of their names to no avail.

Nevertheless, these two users john smith and Mel Greffen are nowhere to be found so that I can post to them a welcome message here on Connect.  

I want to reserve my last two UPDATES to use around the day before or the day of in case of need.

@Osaka78forTRUMP has been cordial trying to help.

Thank you Osaka78

Level 10

Dear @VBenedict, hope all's well. At the moment the Connect and Maps have different sets of user names for everyone, so, often they don't match, probably by design. Maybe this will change one day. We like it as is, because it makes Maps more anonymous, with almost no user to user interaction. It's very peaceful. And Connect is almost opposite, with lots of chatting. We always let Local Guides we meet know they can get in touch with us on Connect. It's easy, fun and moderated. If you're wondering what you can do to make your meet-up better, mainly it's just inviting people. Sometimes Local Guides attend even when you never invited them, mostly it's just invites 🙂 Kind regards from Osaka78

Level 8

@Osaka78forTRUMP   I, as well, like it the way it is. Elegant and welcoming. Not sure I know where you are going with it...

I am aware that "the Connect and Maps have different sets of user names for everyone" thanks but be take note that it needs not to be changed 🤔

I can understand chosing anonymity on Maps being public and all 😲

Although I personally have no need for all this anonymity 🐞 stuff. Hence the main stream Cyber World knows exactly who I am.

But here on Connect when we register to Meet-up with a group and the leader needs to make name tags, sit down to eat together, etc. Etc., anonymity has No Place 😎  For more reasons than the obvious 🙃 and for organizational purposes 😄

Thank you again for all your feedback.

Level 10

Definitely makes sense, @VBenedict. The Local Guides Connect meet-up site is nice, not perfect yet, Local Guides team keeps improving it. Do you want to send feedback about it? Kind regards from Osaka78

@VBenedict wrote:

@Osaka78forTRUMP   I, as well, like it the way it is. Elegant and welcoming. Not sure I know where you are going with it...

I am aware that "the Connect and Maps have different sets of user names for everyone" thanks but be take note that it needs not to be changed 🤔

I can understand chosing anonymity on Maps being public and all 😲

Although I personally have no need for all this anonymity 🐞 stuff. Hence the main stream Cyber World knows exactly who I am.

But here on Connect when we register to Meet-up with a group and the leader needs to make name tags, sit down to eat together, etc. Etc., anonymity has No Place 😎  For more reasons than the obvious 🙃 and for organizational purposes 😄

Thank you again for all your feedback.

Level 8

@Osaka78forTRUMP my dear wonderful Connect friendly soul... I thank you for your tremendous support in making sure that my very first Google Maps Local Guide Meet-up is successful. 

You are an invaluable team player. I am looking forward to becoming good friends here on Connect.

At this time I have no need to submit feedback since I am still 🐞discovering how cool Connect is with a little help from my friends  👩😽🤖👨‍🎓👼🤗

Thank you for encouraging me though 🤗

Level 8

Urgent!! Hi @BruceDM @LuisRG @LawrenceNYC 

Whoever is around. Pretty Please 

I had configured my Meet-up for a Minimum of 4 NOT a Max of 4 😲

There are LGs trying to RSVP and the system is telling them they can't.

How can I change this so that others can register. PLEASE!!!

Level 9

Hi Victoria,

I'll DM you with my Google+ info.

Stay warm today !

Magdalena

Former Google Contributor

Hi @VBenedict,

We are unable to change this for you on the backend and per this post, even if you send updates, you are only going to have them go to your limited guess list. I suggest two options:

1) Deleting the Meet-up and reposting it, leaving out the max # of attendees field - probably not ideal since it's so close to the date.  

2) Advertising the Meet-up on this board as much as you need to, noting the RSVP issue and sharing any info you need to share here, tagging anybody who is interested.

Please remember not to share personal info on the threads but rather through private messaging.  Thanks very much!

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Level 8

I am resetting the Meet-up!! Please re-register! The Meet...

I am resetting the Meet-up!! Please re-register! The Meet-up is still On! ~ Virginia Benedict 🕊

Level 8

@BruceDM  @Magdalena0 @Osaka78forTRUMP  @BudionoS  @MiaMaria  @soho  @TraciC

@RomeNYC

The World Wide Food Crawl New York City Manhattan is still on

The only change is the Venue:

Mandoo Bar 

2 E 32nd St

New York, NY 10001

11:30 am until...

You were right I should not have deleted it.

Now the system only lets me set it up for a later date.

Learning Curve Alert 😽