DanielDoherty's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

BIG Summer Boat Party in London

Hello Everyone,

I run a social group in Putney (South West London) to help people make friends. The group has been going since 2006, we have run over 600 events. But our main event each year is the BIG Summer Boat party with up to 250 people joining us on a boat from Putney to Greenwich and back.

I was wondering if any Google Local Guides would like to meet up before hand and come and join us? I have hired the Boat for our exclusive use and as it holds 340 people, has 2 bars and I am paying for the D.J. too, so I am afraid I will have to charge. But I'm willing to give 50% discount if you would like to come along, it would be awesome to meet a few more Local Guides.

The Putney Social Group BIG Summer boat party on Saturday the 8th July 2017.

Come along to meet new people from all over the world, go wild on the dancefloor, or just relax and admire London as it lights up the night sky. Feel free to come on your own (plenty of people do) or come with friends, but please be advised this is a "social" group event and people will talk to you!
Boat Party Collage copy.jpg
We are inviting friendly people from 4 different MeetUp.com Social Groups! So come meet members from The Putney Social and South London Social meetup groups, this is sure to be a great way to celebrate the Summer, so why not enjoy a Pimms while floating down the Thames meeting new people?

Time and date for Departure
The Boat Leaves Putney Pier at 20.00 sharp on Saturday 8th July 2017 + returns at 23.45
The Erasmus has a capacity of 340 people, but we limit the tickets to 250 to ensure plenty of space for our members.

How to book
If you would like to come along please email me [REDACTED] and say what level Google Local Guide you are and I'll send you a link to a discounted ticket so it will cost £10 - £12.50 for your ticket, rather than the £20-25 everyone else will be paying.

About the boat
The Erasmus is a very large and splendid boat with spread, over three separate floors so that you can enjoy the fireworks, make some moves on the dance floor to our local DJ and choose between two bars. The Boat will be heading into London, so you will see the houses of Parliament, Palace of Westminster, London Eye, Big Ben and much more.

Accessibility
The lower floor of the Erasmus boat is wheelchair friendly, as it is all on one level including a disabled toilet, a bar and room for 150 people.
Check out the Putney Social Group [REDACTED]- If you have any further questions, please email [REDACTED]

The event is paid for and will definitely be happening, we hope you can make it.
Cheers,

@DanielDoherty
Learn what makes me tick and why I love local www.Bit.ly/PutneyDan
Putney Embankment, London, United Kingdom
2 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: BIG Summer Boat Party in London

Hi @DanielDoherty

I redacted your personal infos and social links from the post. We do not encourage Local Guides to share private information publicly on Connect in order to protect yours and other users' privacy and safety. If you wish to get in touch with other Local Guides, there is a private messaging system in place instead.

Please take a moment to review our community policy and check this useful tips on using this community before posting.

Many thanks!

* Due to the volume of private messages please note that I do not reply to them
Level 8

Re: BIG Summer Boat Party in London

Hi @MariaBi,

No problem with you taking out the links. I'd just like to meet some more Local Guides and this will be a good event for it, I'd like to show people London as I see it and in good company on board the boat 🙂

It would be great if you could improve the messaging system for event organisers on here, I posted an event before https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Let-s-Meet-Up/Aprils-Fools-Jester-Party/m-p/153421#M9714 had 30 people RSVP but then had no way to message people more details other than leave a comment underneath.

Thanks and all the best Daniel

Cheers,

@DanielDoherty
Learn what makes me tick and why I love local www.Bit.ly/PutneyDan