Lia_T's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Auckland Local Guides May Meet-up

Calendula Cottage Cafe and Gardens - our May venueCalendula Cottage Cafe and Gardens - our May venue

Hi all,

Following on from our meet-up yesterday, I have submitted a meet-up request for next month on 19 May.

The location is south of the city, in the rural setting of Glenbrook, at Calendula Cafe. I would love it if you could attend! (10.30 to 11.30)

I realise that for some it could be quite a drive, but for many of us a day in the country has to be therapeutic! Location wise, Glenbrook is parallel with the Bombay Hills, just shy of the Auckland-Waikato boundary, and 15 minutes to the west coast.

Close-by to Glenbrook is the Vintage railway, the town of Waiuku and Patumahoe village. Be mindful of the extensive roadworks on the Southern motorway (Manukau to Papakura) when planning your drive.

I look forward to seeing as many of you as can make it.

Photographic opportunity (and business edit opportunity) for local guides - Patumahoe is close by, as is Waiuku. 

https://calendar.google.com/event?action=TEMPLATE&tmeid=MXBsNDIyc2lpcWVscmtya2tvbXY5YTUxaGMgbWVsb2Rp...

@ThabetH @DebbyNZ @DshottDennis@AbdullahAlAsif @BlancheMc

Glenbrook, Auckland, New Zealand
30 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Auckland Local Guides May Meet-up

Level 7

Woo I didn’t realize there is Auckland local guide meet up, I would love to join 😁

Level 8

Hi @Jccnz

We had a meet-up this weekend, and we plan to have them about once a month if possible. You are very welcome to join us anytime. 🙂

They will be in different places, depending on who is doing the organising. That way we can diversify, and promote what we do in more places and to more people.

Level 7

Hi @Lia_T

Thanks so much, I’ll add in my calendar, would love to meet all the Auckland local guide guru, I guess I’m new here, I wonder how many Kiwi been invited to the Summit, must be fun.

see you next month 

Level 8

Hi @Lia_T 

It was really lovely catching up with you at the meet up  @DebbyNZ organised on Saturday and I loved hearing all about the amazing work you are doing at Cemeteries. That was so interesting. 

I love meet -up that you have set up and count me in. Just checking ...did you set up your meet up here: https://maps.google.com/localguides/meetup?city=ChIJ--acWvtHDW0RF5miQ2HvAAU

Level 8

Yes I did, Blanche. How long does it usually take to appear? 

@BlancheMc

Level 10

Hi @Lia_T 

It was good meeting up with you on the weekend😀

And im hoping to be at the meet up down your way 

2 things besides being a local guide we have in common 

Genealogist🗒 and also Dslr camera📸😀

Level 8

Guys enjoy this meetup. I was surprised to see Bombay Hills. Could any one please tell me more about that hill?

Mumbai in India was earlier known as Bombay. 

Level 8

Hi there

@Avigyan

...the Bombay Hills were named after a colonial ship which was called the Bombay and it brought  settlers that came out to New Zealand in 1863. The town of Bombay is also named for the ship and is built on top of an eroded volcano...part of the Bombay Hills.

In New Zealand the Bombay Hills are quite a demarkation point ....north of the hills you are a city-slicker and south you either realise the city slickers think the country revolves around them or you are simply grateful not to have to live with the traffic and crazy house prices.