PRASANNAB's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Add new place

When i added a place in my locality,it is not shown in the google map .

Tell me it's solution.

Burla, Odisha, India
5 comments
Level 6

Re: Add new place

That was explained in another thread! Basically, there are too many places to show when you first get into maps, so Google uses what it knows about you and shows 'relevant' ones. As you zoom down you typically see more (I see all the places I have added in my community). There is no guarantee any user actually sees any given added place. But you should be able to find the place by using the correct searching terms. 

Hope that helps.

Level 3

Yeah, that's right... Searching for the right keywords it gets visible. And the more different people rate and add info about this place, it gets notorious. 

@Thomasl wrote:

That was explained in another thread! Basically, there are too many places to show when you first get into maps, so Google uses what it knows about you and shows 'relevant' ones. As you zoom down you typically see more (I see all the places I have added in my community). There is no guarantee any user actually sees any given added place. But you should be able to find the place by using the correct searching terms. 

Hope that helps.

Level 10

We don't immediately see what we may have added. At first, for new google maps users, it may take from days to months. Whereas for Level 5 users, it happens a little earlier. 

I am not 100% sure of this, but this is out of my personal experience, when I was on initial levels it took much much longer for my edits and added places to show up, whereas now at 2400 + points, my added places or edits are done much much faster, some are within a few mins itself.

Level 6

@KaranG wrote:

We don't immediately see what we may have added. At first, for new google maps users, it may take from days to months. Whereas for Level 5 users, it happens a little earlier. 

I am not 100% sure of this, but this is out of my personal experience, when I was on initial levels it took much much longer for my edits and added places to show up, whereas now at 2400 + points, my added places or edits are done much much faster, some are within a few mins itself.

In my case, I immediately saw a couple of places I'd just added. I did have to zoom in a bit but there they are. So not sure it's much to do with what level. I suspect it's more algorithm dependent.

Level 10

Where Did you access google maps from, the web or the app ? The app takes time I believe.