U-royFelixA's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Abuja Geo-Walk

We had a swell time on the 18th June to mark the Global Meet-Up Day. I also tutored the new local guides on how to join the program and the it's benefits.
Abuja, Federal Capital Territory, Nigeria
9 comments
Googler

Re: Abuja Geo-Walk

We love geowalks! Do you have any tips for others thinking about hosting a geowalk?

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Former Google Contributor

Sounds fun! Do you have any pictures you can share? Would love to see you what you all saw 🙂

Level 7

@U-roy FelixA wrote:
We had a swell time on the 18th June to mark the Global Meet-Up Day. I also tutored the new local guides on how to join the program and the it's benefits.

@U-royFelixA, it would be awesome to see some pictures and know more! Sounds like a lot of fun!

Level 10

Thanks Traci. The first thing is sure you and your team have devised and mapped out specifics of places to go.

Another important things is don't review these places; you can only review a place if you've had an experience of the place. For instance if you've tasted the burger of a particular restaurant then you can review during your Geo-walk.

The ethical thing to do during your Geo-Walk on places is to suggest edits; you can ask for their contact phone number and update it, you can also update their new addresss, official opening and osing hours etc.  

As a community moderator, I buy a full park of bottle water because it's cheaper when you're not buying in units. I share this water to my team in case of dehydration. With this singular gesture other team members will suggest to buy burger, fries, and before you know it it's a turns out to be a fun day.  

hope these tips helps.  

Level 10

Thanks Corrie. Yea, I have few photos but anytime I try to upload a photo on this platform I get an error message: 

Level 10

Thanks Malea. I had lists of beautiful photos but anytime I tried upload I keep getting this error message and it's really frustrating. Thanks for your mail.

Former Google Contributor

I really like the idea of a "potluck" approach, where everyone brings or shares something. 

Regarding your issue with photos, you should be able to add them from your phone or on your computer. Are you getting an error message? The photos might be too big...?

Do you see the photo button to add a photo to your post?

Screen Shot 2016-07-12 at 1.49.22 PM.png

Level 8

Greetings @U-royFelixA @MaleaG,

I'd love to have some people from Nigeria over here in our community!

(also it could need a little help to kickstart - I would appreciate any joins and help from all over the world! Mannheim is a beautiful place)

Please consider joining my "LOCAL GUIDE COMMUNITY". You may drop me a link there and I spare your commys too.

Best wishes from MA, Germany
Pete

Level 10

@Piehti Nice community you've got. I just joined. Thank you. We'll keep in touch. But I can't speak Dutch or German. Maybe you'll teach some basics 👍